Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #16
VanTT
VanTT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505/Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Vantt - THANK YOU so much! The code worked! I got the following for $1.48:

Yay, I am so glad that the code worked for you! Btw, let me know if you would recommend "The Best Book Of Useless Information Ever". I nearly picked that title last night. I need some funny materials after "...Splendid Suns."
VanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #17
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTT View Post
Yay, I am so glad that the code worked for you! Btw, let me know if you would recommend "The Best Book Of Useless Information Ever". I nearly picked that title last night. I need some funny materials after "...Splendid Suns."
I liked it. Read a couple of chapters. Nothing Earth-shattering. I think I'm not totally in love with it because I could have gotten something like the Disney book instead with a lot more substance, but it IS an enjoyable couple of hours.

I read two tidbits in the Most Useless book that I had heard in Duel (TV game show that I loved) on TV the week before

Last edited by GatorDeb; 12-28-2007 at 07:18 PM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #18
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Yesterday, I decided to splurge on the black Sony Premium Leather Case but all 3 Borders that I went were out of stock. I saw a few pink ones though. I also visited CompUSA to get a generic AC charger as the Sony brand is $29.99. CompUSA is going out of business and most of the items are marked down 10-30% off. I saw a demo Reader as none is in stock. I am curious as to how much CompUSA will discount the Reader if it's in stock.
DO NOT GET THE SONY CHARGER!! The Reader uses the same charger as the PSP (already tried it myself with a cheap knockoff PSP charger).
Old 12-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
SanFranMatt
SanFranMatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR505
Quote:
VikingDave,

If you also installed the CD and registered with the Borders/Sony Ebook Store, try to redeem the $50 credit using the code gift code removed (case sensitive) under "Account", then "Redeem a code." On my receipt, that's the code that was printed. Must redeem code by 1/15/08. Worth a try if you didn't get the deal. Let us know if it works. Also, I received my $10 credit code when I went back to Borders yesterday. It was a sticker with a scratch off area for the code. Borders just didn't stick it on my box.
I bought mine for costco, which came with a free $50 coupon. I tried redeeming gift code HOLIDAYGIFT, and it gave me another $50. I guess that works even if you don't buy from borders.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-29-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: gift code removed
SanFranMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #20
VanTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
DO NOT GET THE SONY CHARGER!! The Reader uses the same charger as the PSP (already tried it myself with a cheap knockoff PSP charger).
Yes, I brought a generic brand from CompUSA for $15. It's from ReTrak and the cord can be extended or retracted. However, that feature is more of a gimmick as the retract mechanic doesn't work well at all, but charges just fine. The funny thing is that I keep wanting to charge my Reader even though the battery is full. I am so used to the mentality of always charging my portable devices that I forget the Reader can last for weeks with a single full charge. Btw, I brought "Walt Disney" and "...Useless Information..." from your list. Cheers!
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #21
VanTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranMatt View Post
I bought mine for costco, which came with a free $50 coupon. I tried redeeming gift code rmeoved, and it gave me another $50. I guess that works even if you don't buy from borders.
I have a Costco membership and I didn't see the item when I was there last week. What's the price on Costco? Glad to know that the $50 code worked on a non-Borders member. $100 worth of ebooks is a great value! Happy reading!

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-29-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: gift code removed
Old 12-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #22
SanFranMatt
SanFranMatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR505
Quote:
I have a Costco membership and I didn't see the item when I was there last week. What's the price on Costco? Glad to know that the $50 code worked on a non-Borders member. $100 worth of ebooks is a great value! Happy reading!
It was $250 at costco, but for the 500 and not the 505. With $100 in credits, I'm not complaining.
SanFranMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
GatorDeb
Evangelist

What was the Costco coupon code? Worth a try
Old 12-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #24
edsohsmith
Connoisseur
edsohsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (soon)
Quote:
VikingDave,

If you also installed the CD and registered with the Borders/Sony Ebook Store, try to redeem the $50 credit using the code HOLIDAYGIFT (case sensitive) under "Account", then "Redeem a code." On my receipt, that's the code that was printed. Must redeem code by 1/15/08. Worth a try if you didn't get the deal. Let us know if it works. Also, I received my $10 credit code when I went back to Borders yesterday. It was a sticker with a scratch off area for the code. Borders just didn't stick it on my box.
Wow! I bought my PRS 505 one month ago from SonyStyle. This coupon code worked for me today! Thank you very much!

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-29-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: gift code removed
edsohsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 AM   #25
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
VikingDave,

If you also installed the CD and registered with the Borders/Sony Ebook Store, try to redeem the $50 credit using the code Gift code removed (case sensitive) under "Account", then "Redeem a code." On my receipt, that's the code that was printed. Must redeem code by 1/15/08. Worth a try if you didn't get the deal. Let us know if it works. Also, I received my $10 credit code when I went back to Borders yesterday. It was a sticker with a scratch off area for the code. Borders just didn't stick it on my box.
It worked for me. Brought my reader Abt about 24 days ago.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-29-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: gift code removed
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #26
allen.gotwald
Advocate
allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: SONY PRS-505 and Nook Color
Gotta add my two cents. I got my 505 at Borders without the discount card but..... with the 100 free classic book deal and now finding out about the $50 coupon (Thanks Mobile Read web folk) plus the great books constantly being posted on this site, I iconsider the 505 my best purchase of 07. Enjoy it.
allen.gotwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #27
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen.gotwald View Post
I iconsider the 505 my best purchase of 07.
I have to agree. I got mine in the middle of October & after reading 66 books & about a dozen short stories on it I still love it (not perfect, but darn good).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #28
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I finally got my hands on a working model at my local Borders (haven't had the chance to try one out since the 500 came out!). Personally, I like the form factor, the e-ink screen, and the size. I was also surprised to see Borders out of stock of the 505, but I wasn't planning on parting with $300 this weekend anyway.

Still, now that I've actually seen one in action, I have a lot more interest in getting one down the road... even if it's just to see how well my books display on one.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #29
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

Still, now that I've actually seen one in action, I have a lot more interest in getting one down the road... even if it's just to see how well my books display on one.
If you're reasonably polite and friendly with the Borders staff and management, I bet they'd let you load your books on their sample, at least temporarily. Especially if you can make it clear you are an author with books for sale, although having print versions of your books available in the store might be more effective.... Can stores like Borders find your works in a catalog to order? (assuming that the physical book is POD.)

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #30
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
If you're reasonably polite and friendly with the Borders staff and management, I bet they'd let you load your books on their sample, at least temporarily. Especially if you can make it clear you are an author with books for sale, although having print versions of your books available in the store might be more effective.... Can stores like Borders find your works in a catalog to order? (assuming that the physical book is POD.)
I don't have print or POD books... only e-books, which you can get from my site, or from Amazon (though somehow, I doubt Borders will want to promote my Kindle editions!).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote