Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
Looking for an Epub workshop/class in SF Bay Area

I have been assigned to convert books from InDesign to epub and other digital formats for the publishing company that I work for. I've gotten a lot of help from this forum, and various blogs. I am just about finished with the first book.

My work has mentioned that they will pay for any training or workshops I can find on the topic. Since I am pretty much self-taught, I thought it would be a good idea to get some sort of formal training.

Does anyone know of any upcoming workshops or classes in the San Francisco bay area?

Thanks!
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Amanda09
Amanda09 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Have you checked out Lynda.com yet? There is an online course that covers converting InDesign to ePub, Kindle and iPad.
Amanda09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda09 View Post
Have you checked out Lynda.com yet? There is an online course that covers converting InDesign to ePub, Kindle and iPad.
I actually just finished this whole course. I was uploaded in March, so prior to that I couldn't find anything nearly as good for a start-to-finish tutorial. I would highly recommend this Lynda course to anyone that hasn't seen it.
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
vpclasses
vpclasses began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
indesign to epub classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamL View Post
I have been assigned to convert books from InDesign to epub and other digital formats for the publishing company that I work for. I've gotten a lot of help from this forum, and various blogs. I am just about finished with the first book.

My work has mentioned that they will pay for any training or workshops I can find on the topic. Since I am pretty much self-taught, I thought it would be a good idea to get some sort of formal training.

Does anyone know of any upcoming workshops or classes in the San Francisco bay area?

Thanks!
We are based out of Denver, CO and teach Indesign to epub classes. We also travel nationwide to do on site training. If you can find other people who want to take the class, we may be able to come to your location, or you are certainly welcome to come here...
Check us out at www.vpclasses.com
We also teach Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, and Photoshop...

Check us out at www.vpclasses.com
vpclasses is offline   Reply With Quote