Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #271
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I'm still on fw 3.12 and installed the hyphenation files for Dutch (because the Kobo files didn't work, see the bug report thread for the details; this issue might be fixed with fw 3.15).
I don't think there were any changes to the hyphenation between 3.12.0 and 3.15.1. There were changes in 3.16.0 that improved it a lot. There still seems to be issues with Dutch at least and there is a thread discussing this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:10 AM   #272
Gothamite
Gothamite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Is there any patch for 3.15 so when I zoom PDF files the rest of the text doesn't go outside the screen?
I've seen friend's e reader, some polish company, where you can zoom pdfs but it always stays within the screen without the need to pinch around one page..
It's way more readable than Kobo that way, so is there anything I can do have similar results?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2015, 03:23 AM   #273
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Is there any patch for 3.15 so when I zoom PDF files the rest of the text doesn't go outside the screen?
I've seen friend's e reader, some polish company, where you can zoom pdfs but it always stays within the screen without the need to pinch around one page..
It's way more readable than Kobo that way, so is there anything I can do have similar results?
Unless you mean "fit to width" or "fit to height", which the firmware does have, I suspect that is PDF reflow rather than straight zooming. And Kobo doesn't do PDF reflow.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #274
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unless you mean "fit to width" or "fit to height", which the firmware does have, I suspect that is PDF reflow rather than straight zooming. And Kobo doesn't do PDF reflow.
Reflow would be interesting, but I'd like to see a "fit content to" height/width, which would detect blank margins and then ignore them. Manual zooming to fix that frequently makes all the difference in reading a page, but is a real pain.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 AM   #275
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
no hyphenation menu entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo did some work in 3.16.0 to fix hyphenation. It is still not perfect, but seems to be better. If you load a Hungarian hyphenation dictionary onto the device, it should work. It would also be interesting to hear how well it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
Thanks Davidfor, I will try it on the Touch, as currently I only have 3.16.0 on that. (mini, Aura and H2O have older fw)
I tried it but cannot find anything in the menu related to hyphenation.
Should I try to change/upload some files to try it?
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2015, 03:36 AM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsek View Post
I tried it but cannot find anything in the menu related to hyphenation.
Should I try to change/upload some files to try it?
There is no hyphenation option in the menu. Unless you force the hyphenation off using CSS in a book, hyphenation will be used as needed. But, if the text is justified, there will be a lot more hyphenation than if you use ragged right. Hence, selecting the justify option in the reading options will produce more hyphenation. And I think this option enables some CSS hyphenation options
Old 07-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #277
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Book mark

My wife's Kobo Glo (N613) is at firmware 3.15. The problem is that each time at reopening a book that has been closed in the sleep mode, it shows a page that is either some pages in advance, or some pages back, but not meets the page exactly where it had been closed. Even if there had been set a bookmark manually, this issue happens in the same way.

I remember that something like this had occured with my Touch some time ago, but this had been a problem of the firmware and had been resolved with a later upcoming version. This time, I can not tell if it's a similar problem, for bought the Glo just recently.

Is this a common issue, or does someone know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote