Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
melw
melw began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Cybook and Adobe ePub

Will my Gen3 Cybook read Adobe ePub books?
Thanks
Mel W.
melw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by melw View Post
Will my Gen3 Cybook read Adobe ePub books?
Thanks
Mel W.
Yes, if you upgrade to the 2.0 firmware. But it will then no longer read DRMed Mobipocket books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
melw

Well that sucks!
Thanks for the reply!
Mel W.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Well that sucks!
Thanks for the reply!
Mel W.
Please note that Amazon is to blame, not Bookeen. Amazon owns the Mobipocket DRM format and licences it with the restriction that eReaders cannot support it at the same time as another DRM format.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
melw

Thanks for the replays and info.
I also received a answer from Bookeen. They have informed me that I can switch back and forth between ver 1.5 and 2.0 with out problems.
Mel W.
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Thanks for the replays and info.
I also received a answer from Bookeen. They have informed me that I can switch back and forth between ver 1.5 and 2.0 with out problems.
Mel W.
That's correct. If you're going to do this often, you basically need two SD cards, one with the 1.5 firmware in the root folder and one with the 2.0 firmware. When you want to switch you reboot the machine with the appropriate card in the SD slot.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Had we not determined previously, though, that if you did switch from ePub to Mobi and then back again, then re-registering the device with ADE would take up another one of your "device slots" (which are, I think, limited to six) every time that you did so?

Not a problem if you don't read commercial ePubs, but definitely an issue if you do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Until the .adobe-digital-edition folder on the root of the device is not deleted, you will not loose your activation (the "pid" of the device is dependent on the Serial it seem, or any hardware unique value) My Mobi PID had never changed, nor my "device.xml" for ePub)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you for clarifying that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes, if you upgrade to the 2.0 firmware. But it will then no longer read DRMed Mobipocket books.
Does this mean that it should still read Non DRMed MOBI? It doesn't seem to for me.......
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
It does not. But that could be implemented. But then, mobi is pretty much dead.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote