Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
like all previous implementations of this technology, these non-back-lit reflective LCDs are simply less reflective than e-ink. More light reflects off the protective surface instead of making it to the text to reflect back to the viewer.

In the video, the shadow of the camera man reflecting off the reflective LCD is very apparent while it is absent on the e-ink screen. Evident darkening as the camera man moves closer to the screen can be seen with the LCD, while e-ink screen remains very uniformly well lit.

Last edited by jessie102; 01-26-2010 at 10:19 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I too think it looks great. Amazon has it for $150 so it's not a bad price. I read about 3 to 4 hours a day, so that makes new batteries every 6 or 8 days - a lot of waste. I would really consider rechargeable batteries for it.

Does anyone know if it plays MP3 files too? I see it does audio books but I am more interested in music whilst I read.
jetBook has MP3 player but jetBook-Lite has no player and no headphones jack.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
I posted this in another thread. My video showing the difference in viewing angle of the Jetbook vs e-ink. To my eyes, the Jetbook does have higher sharper contrast but only at the optimal angle. The visibility drops off at off angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8GsvLl9zUY
yes, jetBook has higher sharper contrast and when you read books you can setup the optimal angle.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote