Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Image management in mobiperl

Hello,

After using html2mobi/mobi2html for some time, it seems to me that:

a) Only GIF or JPG images can be included in a mobipocket file, images in any other format are converted to JPG by html2mobi.

b) If the same image is referenced multiple times in an HTML file, it is also included multiple times in the generated mobipocket file.

Am I right? Is it not possible to include PNG images, for instance? Could the html2mobi program be modified to include each image only once?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
a) Only GIF or JPG images can be included in a mobipocket file, images in any other format are converted to JPG by html2mobi.
If you can point me to a specification of which formats can be included in a MobiPocket file then these formats can be added. Actually all images that are not PNG and smaller than 61K are included as they are. PNG images or images bigger than 61K are converted to jpg. At least this the case in the latest version. I do not remember why PNG images are converted but I assume it is because they did not work on some viewer.

Quote:
b) If the same image is referenced multiple times in an HTML file, it is also included multiple times in the generated mobipocket file.
That sounds like lazy programming... I have added a ticket for it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert