Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #46
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Gadgets ahoy !

Vegetable Spiralizer Recipe Book: Top Spiralizer Recipes For Weight loss, Gluten-free, Paleo, Low Carb & so much more to Help You Lose Weight & Feel great
by Jessy Smith

Spiralizing is one of the best ways to incorporate vegetables in your diet. Moreover, the fun spaghetti like texture of these vegetables actually makes them better to eat as compared to the normal, dough pasta. Spiralizing vegetables is considered an art form and in many cases, it can be hard to achieve the right consistency.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SA2FZ5A/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SA2FZ5A/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00SA2FZ5A/

The Ultimate Dump Dinners & Dump Cake Cookbook: 40 Delicious, Quick & Easy Dump Dinner & Dump Cake Recipes (Dump Dinner Cookbook Series 2) by Katey Goodrich

Dump cakes yes, now dump dinners

* Winter Chicken Enchilada Soup,
* Every kid's favorite, Ham and Pineapple Dump Pizza,
* Succulent Pork with creamy mushroom dump dinner,
* Chicken dump meals like Chicken and Swiss cheese Casserole,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RPOSHF4/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RPOSHF4/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00RPOSHF4/

Last edited by Little.Egret; 01-19-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Oops, Add URL
Old 01-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #47
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Gadgets ahoy !

Vegetable Spiralizer Recipe Book: Top Spiralizer Recipes For Weight loss, Gluten-free, Paleo, Low Carb & so much more to Help You Lose Weight & Feel great
by Jessy Smith

Spiralizing is one of the best ways to incorporate vegetables in your diet. Moreover, the fun spaghetti like texture of these vegetables actually makes them better to eat as compared to the normal, dough pasta. Spiralizing vegetables is considered an art form and in many cases, it can be hard to achieve the right consistency.

The Ultimate Dump Dinners & Dump Cake Cookbook: 40 Delicious, Quick & Easy Dump Dinner & Dump Cake Recipes (Dump Dinner Cookbook Series 2) by Katey Goodrich

Dump cakes yes, now dump dinners

* Winter Chicken Enchilada Soup,
* Every kid's favorite, Ham and Pineapple Dump Pizza,
* Succulent Pork with creamy mushroom dump dinner,
* Chicken dump meals like Chicken and Swiss cheese Casserole,
At Amazon.com:
Advert
Old 01-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #48
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Gadgets ahoy !

by Jessy Smith
. . . .
Looks nice.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spiralizer. I'm not sure that I'd even have counter space for one, what with having already on it the Speedy Slicer, Veg-O-Matic, Handy Peel, Vegetti, Hostess Twinkie Electric Maker, Rapid Ramen Cooker, Miracle Blade Ceramic Knife Set, Talking Kitchen Scale, Moo Mixer, Apple Pro Peeler, Provita Nutrition Maximizer Blender, Easy Eggwich, Smart Planet Super Pretzel Maker, and Hostess Mini Cupcake Maker Electrice Cupcake Maker. hahah. In case you don't realize it, I'm joking. But, all of the above are actual "As Seen on TV" kitchen gadgets (with the possible exception of the Veg-O-Matic)!

In all seriousness, great posts. Thanks.

There's a joke about the dump cakes that I make, but I'll save it for later.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-19-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #49
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
It so happens that I gave my niece a Spiralizer for Christmas. Her present included the cookbook.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-19-2015, 11:58 PM   #50
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Looks nice.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spiralizer. I'm not sure that I'd even have counter space for one, what with having already on it the Speedy Slicer, Veg-O-Matic, Handy Peel, Vegetti, Hostess Twinkie Electric Maker, Rapid Ramen Cooker, Miracle Blade Ceramic Knife Set, Talking Kitchen Scale, Moo Mixer, Apple Pro Peeler, Provita Nutrition Maximizer Blender, Easy Eggwich, Smart Planet Super Pretzel Maker, and Hostess Mini Cupcake Maker Electrice Cupcake Maker. hahah. In case you don't realize it, I'm joking. But, all of the above are actual "As Seen on TV" kitchen gadgets (with the possible exception of the Veg-O-Matic)!

In all seriousness, great posts. Thanks.

There's a joke about the dump cakes that I make, but I'll save it for later.
I had no idea that you could buy a Hostess Twinkie Electric Maker. I wonder if the shelf life of the home made ones are the heat death of the universe, like the commercial ones?
Advert
Old 01-20-2015, 02:44 AM   #51
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I had no idea that you could buy a Hostess Twinkie Electric Maker. I wonder if the shelf life of the home made ones are the heat death of the universe, like the commercial ones?
http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php...b74c0aeb01f80b
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smart-planet-hostess-twinkee-electric-maker-103_500.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	133984  
Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 AM   #52
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Massive Markdown on this Highly-Rated Enhanced-Ebook Cookbook for Children

I suppose that "weelicious" comes the name of the author's website, weelicious.com, and I suppose that that comes from the fact that the recipes on the website are for children. Get it? Wee, children? ha

Weelicious (Enhanced Edition): 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes [Kindle Edition With Audio/Video]. By Catherine McCord. Rated 4 1/2 stars, from 181 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $27.50; regular digital price $2.99?; Kindle price now $0.99. William Morrow Cookbooks, publisher. 288 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Weelicious-Enh...dio%2FVideo%5D

Book Description
This Weelicious enhanced ebook follows Catherine McCord into her kitchen! Five fun videos show Catherine and her kids making delicious, family-friendly recipes like Spinach Gnocchi and Stuffed French Toast.

Our kids can be great eaters!

After her son was born in 2007, Catherine McCord sought out resources to teach her how to prepare fresh, healthy, appealing meals for young kids—but she came up empty. With culinary school under her belt and a hungry baby to feed, Catherine started Weelicious.com, a website that has since grown into a comprehensive offering of kid-friendly family meals.

Complete with beautiful color photos, tips and tools, lists of pantry staples, feeding plans, and more than seventy new recipes never before seen on Weelicious .com,
Weelicious makes it easy to get kids eating healthy foods from their first bite. Catherine teaches parents how to turn their kids into great eaters who appreciate food and are open to exciting new flavors. With Weelicious you will:

Stop being a short-order cook—whip up unique, delicious, and healthy recipes that everyone in your family, no matter what their age, will love.
Inspire your kids to eat healthfully without resorting to sneaking or trickery—discover a wealth of great tips for getting kids to eat just by paying attention to how their food is prepared and presented.
Get kids in the kitchen from day one—introduce kids to a variety of foods and include them in the cooking process to set them up for years of positive eating habits.
Shop effectively (and make it fun)—bring your kids to the farmers’ market or grocery store for a hands-on learning experience when it comes to meal planning.
Give kids some choice—strategically allow them to have more input and control over what goes into their bodies so they can “own” their choices.
From first-food favorites such as Sweet Potato-Coconut Puree and The Teething Cookie to family-friendly Veggie Nuggets, Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese, Chicken on a Stick, Shrimp Tacos, and Cheesy Chicken Taquitos to treats like Banana Bread Cake, Raspberry-Cream Cheese Heart Tarts, and Chocolate Velvet Beet Cupcakes, these recipes are perfect for little taste buds and sophisticated adult palates alike—and best of all, every single recipe has been created with health and wholesomeness in mind.

More than just a cookbook,
Weelicious is the ultimate cooking bible for families—a resource that will stand the test of time as the family grows!

Please note that due to the large file size of these special features this enhanced e-book may take longer to download then a standard e-book.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 PM   #53
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Mason Jar Meals/Mason Jar Salads - free
http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jar-Meal...books+survival

DIY Food Preservation for Beginners - free
http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Food-Prese...books+survival

Survival Pantry - free
http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Pantr...books+survival

DIY Pantry - free
http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Pantry-Pre...books+survival

Incredibly Delicious Cookbook Bundle (Mediterranean) - free
http://www.amazon.com/Incredibly-Del...books+survival

The Practical Distiller - free (Is this legal in the US?)
http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Dist...books+survival

Mason Jars for Extreme Preppers, vol. 2 - free
http://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jars-Ext...books+survival
Old 01-23-2015, 02:37 AM   #54
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
. . . .
The Practical Distiller - free (Is this legal in the US?)
http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Dist...books+survival
. . . .
I don't think so. Not distilled alcohol. But, maybe it is permitted in certain jurisdictions.

I'm a nondrinker, so my knowledge on some things will be weak. But, if memory serves me correctly, "distilled" alcoholic beverages have the alcohol content artificially increased by the distillation process. Maybe people using the phrase "distilled beverages" also would include in the meaning of that phrase beverages which are "fortified," I think that the word is, in which alcohol is added directly to the beverage in order to bump up the alcohol content.

I spoke of alcohol content being "artificially increased." The natural process of fermentation will produce an alcohol content of only a maximum of around 10%. That is because (again, if memory serves me correctly) at that point the alcohol that the yeast produced will start killing the yeast! I think that beer and some wines (the unfortified ones) have the alcohol content that they do solely from natural processes--no distillation or fortification is involved.

I think that just about everywhere in the U.S. a person is allowed to make his or her own beer, wine, or other non-distilled, non-fortified alcoholic beverages, as long as it is not sold and maybe also with the qualification that it is just for their own personal use.

Making distilled beverages with their higher (potentially much higher) alcohol content are a different matter. Again, I don't think that it would be allowed anywhere or much of anywhere in the U.S. In the U.S., at least, there is this drink called "moonshine" that people make (it seems like the "stills" that I have seen in photos and videos always have a car radiator and curling copper tubing involved); it used to be done much more than it is today. Moonshine is a distilled beverage and it's illegal to make it. Part of the reason is that there isn't the quality control that there would be elsewhere and people have died from drinking it--seems that if you're not careful the still will make methyl alcohol (methanol), too, which is deadly, along with the ethyl alcohol (ethanol) which will make you happy. But I'm sure that part of the reason, too, is that it's distilled.

Mobilereaders, help me out! Tell me about my inaccuracies.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-23-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:48 AM   #55
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I know in Kentucky it is legal to make any beverage for personal use only. If you make with the intent to sell then that is a problem. If you make moonshine and sell it then the DEA will be after you and you will go to jail for years. There was a man in Virginia that the DEA did this to after he sold the moonshine he made. He was a very old man and just trying to supplement his income.

Good shine is clear as water and does not have much of a smell. it will have a nice smooth taste and does not burn the mouth or when going down. However when it hits the stomach it burns like fire. This is good shine.

If the person does not know about making shine then it will be cloudy or brown. It will have a strong smell and taste. Will burn the mouth and going down. Basically this is rot-gut / bath-tub gin. Horrible and not worth drinking because you will feel worse after waking up from the drunk.

Moonshine will have an alcohol content between 140 - 200%. It varies on how it is fermented/processed.

Disclaimer: No I do not make moonshine personally but I do know the process and what is classified as good shine or bad shine.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:04 AM   #56
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I know in Kentucky it is legal to make any beverage for personal use
. . . .
Note to GA Russell: The commonwealth (usually misrepresented as a "state") of Kentucky is, let's say . . . . "different" in a lot of ways, to put it kindly. haha

Just kidding. I love Kentucky. I grew up there. Close family live there. I just told KyBunnies the other day that I was fond of it.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:07 AM   #57
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I know in Kentucky it is legal to make any beverage for personal use only. If you make with the intent to sell then that is a problem. If you make moonshine and sell it then the DEA will be after you and you will go to jail for years. There was a man in Virginia that the DEA did this to after he sold the moonshine he made. He was a very old man and just trying to supplement his income.

Good shine is clear as water and does not have much of a smell. it will have a nice smooth taste and does not burn the mouth or when going down. However when it hits the stomach it burns like fire. This is good shine.

If the person does not know about making shine then it will be cloudy or brown. It will have a strong smell and taste. Will burn the mouth and going down. Basically this is rot-gut / bath-tub gin. Horrible and not worth drinking because you will feel worse after waking up from the drunk.

Moonshine will have an alcohol content between 140 - 200%. It varies on how it is fermented/processed.

Disclaimer: No I do not make moonshine personally but I do know the process and what is classified as good shine or bad shine.
Great information. Not something that you could get from Wikipedia.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:08 AM   #58
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Kentucky is, let's say . . . . "different" in a lot of ways, to put it kindly. haha
Oh Yeah. Kentucky is different is a lot of ways. That is why we are hillbillies and walk around barefoot so much. We do not know any different.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 AM   #59
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh Yeah. Kentucky is different is a lot of ways. That is why we are hillbillies and walk around barefoot so much. We do not know any different.
But, to bring things back to cookbooks and recipes (the purpose of this thread. uhum (*clearing throat*)), there are some great dishes that have come out of Kentucky. Like Derby pie. Yum. I wish that I had a big piece now. Now I won't be able to get my mind off of it. Maybe a chocolate chip cookie will suffice.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:22 AM   #60
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Followup Cookbook to TOP CHEF: THE COOKBOOK, at a Really Big Markdown

Cookbooks are always a crowd-pleaser. ha

Everyone wants to know about cookbooks if there are photos of the dishes after they've been repaired. Yes there are photos of the dishes.

Top Chef: The Quickfire Cookbook. By the Creators of Top Chef; Padma Lakshmi, Antonis Achilleos (photographer). Rated 4 1/2 stars from 32 reviews. Print list price $29.95; digital list price $23.99; Kindle price now $3.03. Chronicle Books LLC, publisher. 224 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Top-Chef-Quick...kfire+Cookbook.

Book Description
The much-anticipated follow-up to the New York Times best-selling Top Chef: The Cookbook is here! Drawing from the first 5 seasons of the show, Top Chef: The Quickfire Cookbook features 75 of the best recipes—from Spike's Pizza alla Greek to Stephanie's Bittersweet Chocolate Cake—culled from the Top Chef Quickfire Challenges. Everything the home chef needs to assemble an impressive meal and channel the energy of the Quickfire kitchen is collected here, including advice on hosting a Quickfire Cocktail Party and staging Quickfire Challenges—at home. Best of all, this book is spilling over with sidebar material, including tips for home chefs, interviews with contestants, fabulous photos, and fun trivia related to the chefs, dishes, and ingredients that make Top Chef a favorite.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-23-2015 at 05:16 AM.
Closed Thread