Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #16
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
Some people don't and honestly, that's their choice. I can't tell you how many people I know in my own life who value convenience over saving a few bucks.
It also depends how many books you read. If you have an average income and you read ten books a year, who cares about the ten (or fifteen or twenty, in Australia) bucks each one costs? Bump that up to 4-6 books a week, and it's suddenly a giant slice of the discretionary budget.

It's no wonder the average reader isn't particularly price-sensitive. They don't have to be.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I don't assume that someone is lazy because they choose convenience over looking elsewhere on the internet. Most people would do what amounts to the easiest thing for them. What works for one, does not all the time works for others.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #18
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I just bought a Kindle PW2 today and LOVE it. I would highly recommend it.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #19
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Or the price differences in what we read are not all that great and so it is not worth the time to do the research, buy the book, strip the book, and reformat the book.

(shrugs)

And most of the books in my account are purchased by my Mother right off her Kindle. You have not seen her try and text or set up Facetime on the iPad. Trust me, trying to get her to compare prices, remove DRM, convert formats, and then sideload would take forever. I would spend more money on therapy for the two of us then I do on whatever price difference there might be.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote