Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #856
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
The best Romance I read in a very long time was The Last Hour of Gann by R Lee Smith. Science Fiction/Romance and it was a great read. It is very explicit with a great deal of violence and profanity. None of it was unnecessary to the plot. This book has a H/h and a HEA. Also, it is quite long. Lots of world building and character development.
I completely agree. I bought the book after reading about it here and it was my best read of 2013. I then read Heat by the same author. It was also very good but not as good as Gann. R. Lee Smith is an amazing writer.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #857
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
When my local library doesn't have a book, a messages comes up and offers to search all of overdrive for the book, and if it's there you can click a button to suggest to your library that they buy that book and add it to their selection. I've only tried it once, but a few months later I was notified via email that the book had been added!
I got a chrome extension that looks for the book in your public library and overdrive when you view the book on Amazon. $-saver for sure, even if it is only to remind you to look at your library site because the extension doesn't work very well!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #858
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi C View Post
If anyone likes m/m, I would recommend Rough Canvas by Joey W. Hill, also her Vampire Queen series (but this series is paranormal, don't know how you feel about it). All her books are very well written but are also quite heavy BDSM, so if this is not a genre that you feel comfortable with, please do not read them. In addition to being a great author, she is also a very lovely person; I had the opportunity to meet her at AAD Savannah this year.
BDSM and paranormals for me are...fine, if the author is very, very skilled. Otherwise they don't really work for me. It's not so much discomfort as a matter of taste, I think--I can enjoy a great book regardless. I'm actually much the same way about mysteries. So is Hill just good, or is she *awesome* with a great storyline as well as the BDSM?
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote