Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #16
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

that is exactly my decision, and I think it was my decision from the beginning still I wanted to give all the devices a real shot. However I just found what seems to be a full list of the tablets, most 10" and even the Kno at 14" which were at CES 2011. In other words, a shopping list!! yippie!!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...71#post1334771

But I also decided in the medium term I am going to buy a KDX tonight for one reason, I can get the books I need now, format shift them pending whatever device I end up with, read ADAM w/PIXEL FREAKING QI!!!

Plus I can have the KDX by Saturday thanks to that EVIL Amazon Prime and $6 for overnight shipping...d'oh!!
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
But I also decided in the medium term I am going to buy a KDX tonight for one reason, I can get the books I need now, format shift them pending whatever device I end up with, read ADAM w/PIXEL FREAKING QI!!!
And if you can get the Kindle app on the Adam, you won't even have to format shift!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #18
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
And if you can get the Kindle app on the Adam, you won't even have to format shift!
yup, that's the plan. But it's not as if the Adam will be out in numbers next week so for now for my needs the best option is to buy the KDX and live with the things it does not do while truly appreciating that everyday I spend an hour or two buying new references I am saving a couple hundred lbs. in books I can't lug around. The just sell the KDX for hopefully not much less than I paid a few minutes ago. Gotta love the instant gratification we get with an Amazon Prime account and overnight Saturday delivery here in the US for just another $5.99...

Thanks for the fun commenting...now I best get sleep, it is just after 4AM after all. Oops!! hehehehe...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Does the Adam supports Kindle and Nook android app?

I think that in one of those videos, the outdoor demo, the lady said was using a Kindle book... does that mean the Kindle app was loaded?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
snipenekkid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Does the Adam supports Kindle and Nook android app?

I think that in one of those videos, the outdoor demo, the lady said was using a Kindle book... does that mean the Kindle app was loaded?
In theory yes...the Adam will support the Kindle for Android reader software. I don't know about the Nook and truly don't care as I do not ever see a need to use it. But again, in theory, yes the Nook Android reader software should run on the Adam.

As for what is loaded on an Adam? How would most folks know? They are just now shipping out a handful of devices at a time. I can say from info through web friends who have gotten close and touched the Adam, it's a damned impressive device. Still I expect we will see a number of well done devices over the coming months. However, I am pretty sure few will rival the apparent polish and level of detail put into designing and producing the Adam. But again this is all conjecture at this point and I am gambling that the Adam will be great and everything one could want a tablet device to be and more, probably a fair superior to the iPad as well.
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
snipenekkid
Banned

Well, good news...Notion Ink for FCC//CE certification so now they can ship to the US...ok, so where are the reviews???!! I want them noooooow!!

Oh, the thread is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...wpost&t=116650

The Adam with Pixel Qi is so the device I want...I am still going with a KDX in the mean time though.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #22
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
They are opening up presale round 2 for the Adam soon, hopefully they'll time it so we get to see a review first.

I am very interested to see how well the Pixel Qi display holds up to E-ink.
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #23
snipenekkid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
They are opening up presale round 2 for the Adam soon, hopefully they'll time it so we get to see a review first.

I am very interested to see how well the Pixel Qi display holds up to E-ink.
I know, great news we got today!! For a look at Pixel Qi in real world conditions hunt through Charbax's site here:

http://armdevices.net/category/e-readers/

Using the search function will likely deliver his interviews with Mary Lou Jepsen in an exclusive look at the display in a real laptop early last year as I recall.