Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Kobo Vs Kindle3?

Hey!
I have a K3 (with 3g) myself, but I was looking to get one for my MIL, and right now the Kobo is 99$, which seems like a really good deal! Does anyone have one/both and can do a quick comparison?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
franklu
franklu began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've bought kindle3,kindle support more ebook format and audio.
franklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklu View Post
I've bought kindle3,kindle support more ebook format and audio.
the kindle's main support is mobi and kobo's main support is epub, they both support pdf and a variety of other formats.

If they are only looking to read then the kobo is a great buy at $99. Personally I would go for that because of the price over the kindle. If they were both the same price I would probably go kindle.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote