Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
scanner
scanner began at the beginning.

Device: sony
looking for a mobile device for these

hello

I need a mobile device in order to do these:

- read A4 pdf files without having to scroll in order to see the rest of the page
- browse webpages without having to scroll in order to see the rest of the page
- mark text on the screen and save it, copy/paste it, highlight it
- write on the screen with finger or stylus and save the hand-written notes (or even better transform them into fonts)

which kind of device, OS, apps do I need?

for example, what kind of screen size, resolution, screen type, etc

can anyone post a screenshot of this pdf in his tablet?
Disparity in Outcomes of Surgical Revascularization for Limb Salvage: Race and Gender Are Synergistic Determinants of Vein Graft Failure and Limb Loss -- Nguyen et al. 119 (1): 123 -- Circulation
(page 3)

also a wikipedia webpage

thanks
thanks
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
scanner
scanner began at the beginning.

Device: sony
anyone??
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
you probably need a tablet - one of the new ones that will come to market this year. you could try posting in the "Which one should I buy" forum but really MR is about ereaders, not tablets, so you're not necessarily going to get the indepth knowledge and reviews here for tablets. You might try Pocketables or Brighthand.

Quote:
browse webpages without having to scroll in order to see the rest of the page
having to scroll depends a lot on how the page has been set up. some pages are really long so you'll have to scroll regardless. I would suggest focussing on a screen that lets you read a full PDF page comfortably. and remember that comfort is a personal thing.

Last edited by jehane; 01-13-2011 at 04:39 AM.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote