Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #121
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
Worked

That really was easy. I am converting one to another format now as a test. Thanks so much for your hard work.
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #122
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Yeah, this puppy requires Python 2.6. There's some additions to ctypes I couldn't convince myself to live without.
I did install Python 2.6.4 and PyCrypto for 2.6 and got the following...

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 752, in gui_main
    inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 703, in get_book
    debugger.main_loop()
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 562, in main_loop
    self._handle_bp(addr)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 493, in _handle_bp
    callback(self, context)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 627, in _get_book_path
    path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 436, in read_process_memory
    raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p
P.S. I did forget to mention that I am using XP Pro 32-bit with an AMD Athlon processor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #123
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Ok, I think I spoke too soon. The book the program worked on will get to page three in mobipocket reader before crashing the program, and crashed Kindle for PC immediately. Unfortunately, I'm already late for work, so will have to work on this later. Y'all have fun!
If unswindle created a book without popping up an error, then this is probably an error in mobidedrm. Which version do you have? When you get a chance, could you see how calibre handle the decrypted output?
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #124
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Looks like you've still got v2 of unswindle -- hit up the blog for v3. And you don't need PyCrypto for this one (although you do still need it for ineptepub, etc of course).
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #125
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 752, in gui_main
    inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 703, in get_book
    debugger.main_loop()
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 562, in main_loop
    self._handle_bp(addr)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 493, in _handle_bp
    callback(self, context)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 627, in _get_book_path
    path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
  File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 436, in read_process_memory
    raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p
P.S. I did forget to mention that I am using XP Pro 32-bit with an AMD Athlon processor.
That's the same errors we were getting with version 2 of of Unswindle. Make sure you are using version 3 that was posted less then an hour ago.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #126
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Hmm. You are running unswindle with K4PC *closed*, yes? The unswindle script then launches K4PC for you. You do the need to open the book in question (not just highlight it). If that doesn't immediately help, could you try running it a few times, just to make sure it isn't some intermittent condition I'm not handling properly?
I tried with a bunch of books and got the same error; with K4PC closed, unswindle opens it and shows the books; when I try to open a book by double clicking, the error comes.

I open KP4C directly, open a book and close K4PC and then run unswindle, it gives the error immediately without opening KP4C
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #127
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
I can't believe how simple that was. I converted it to LRF and opened it in Sony's Reader Software. This beats taking the book from a back up of my iPhone. Thanks again.
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #128
avid
Enthusiast
avid has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm TX, Ebookwise 1150, Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
If unswindle created a book without popping up an error, then this is probably an error in mobidedrm. Which version do you have? When you get a chance, could you see how calibre handle the decrypted output?
I bought a book from Amazon just now, your script worked fine. Brilliant!
Loaded into Calibre - looks great. Converted to epub - looks great in the Firefox add-on epub reader.

Thanks again!
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #129
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
I tried with a bunch of books and got the same error; with K4PC closed, unswindle opens it and shows the books; when I try to open a book by double clicking, the error comes.

I open KP4C directly, open a book and close K4PC and then run unswindle, it gives the error immediately without opening KP4C
Make sure you have version 3 of the script and Python 2.6.

Last edited by Lilly; 12-18-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #130
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Now that I have version 3 and Python 2.6, it works fine. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #131
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:

Tried on a different computer (still XP SP3) and it works like a charm, so probably on my main station there is too much junk background running that interferes

Great job!!
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #132
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Tried on a different computer (still XP SP3) and it works like a charm, so probably on my main station there is too much junk background running that interferes

Great job!!

Great ignore my PM asking you about the other script. I'm glad it's working for you.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #133
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wow! I just spent the last 24 hours away from Mobileread in an attempt to migrate my wife to her new Windows 7 computer, only to come back and find the nut not only cracked, but shelled, salted and put on a silver tray. Mega-thanks to LaBBa and Cabbages!

I imagine that the mods will be removing some of the active links to unswindle.pyw soon, but always remember--don't use these tools to steal.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #134
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Wow! I just spent the last 24 hours away from Mobileread in an attempt to migrate my wife to her new Windows 7 computer, only to come back and find the nut not only cracked, but shelled, salted and put on a silver tray. Mega-thanks to LaBBa and Cabbages!

I imagine that the mods will be removing some of the active links to unswindle.pyw soon, but always remember--don't use these tools to steal.
Yeah, we know Amazon already found out it's been cracked since they vigilantly monitor this site! I expect the you know what letter to come any day now!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #135
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post

Since one has to buy the book to remove the DRM I do not think that one could use the tool to steal. Passing on the liberated book to another person is another story however. My biggest fear is that Amazon starts putting out more books in the topaz format--which look lousy on the Kindle.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote