Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #91
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I misplaced a line which was supposed to catch that error more gracefully, but it looks like you potentially didn't have Kindle For PC installed when you ran the script? Otherwise it means my attempt at handling non-en_US versions of Windows may have failed. Could you try again, after confirming that you have Kindle For PC fully installed, and that .mobi books open in it?
I reinstalled Kindle for PC, this time as an administrator so it can go into my Program Files, before it was going to AppData. At 1st I was getting an error that unswindle.py could not find MobideDRM, I had numbers behind my MobideDRM files (i.e. MobideDRM05, so I renamed it simply MobiDeDRM and that error went away). Now I'm getting:
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #92
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm getting both Avid and lilly error message as weel
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #93
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
i posted the solution on other Reverse Engineering forum with all the solution:

http://www.woodmann.com/forum/showth...4064#post84064

enjoy.

LaBBa.
Shouldn't the checksum be 10 digits? I'm only getting an 8 diget string

When I try to run this tool I get
"Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect"
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #94
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
from some resone i get now 2 extra message boxes.. so the PID is the one before that last 2 messages
Hi, I installed yours on my desktop and tried it to. When I run the Patcher, it says it's successful and it created a BAK File in folder where Kindle PC is installed. I don't know what do next since it did not give me a PID to move to the next step of using ClacFixed.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #95
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Hi, I installed yours on my desktop and tried it to. When I run the Patcher, it says it's successful and it created a BAK File. I don't know what do next since it did not give me a PID to move to the next step of using ClacFixed.

[IMG][/IMG]
The directions are on the link he provided.
=X=
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #96
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
The directions are on the link he provided.
=X=
Your PID in his instruction; is it the PID to the desktop I'm using or my Kindle PID? That's what throwing me off from the directions. I did not get a last box with a PID per his instructions, just that the patch was successful and to click OK. This is my end result after running Patcher:

Last edited by Lilly; 12-17-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #97
=X=
Wizard

you have to run the patched version. Then open that's when the patch kicks in.

The PID does not work, I think I have to re-download the book, acording to the thread they changed the DRM and I've not downloaded a new book
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #98
GishFish
GishFish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 PC
Question debugging unswindle.pyw

Quote:
If I can convince you to work with me on debugging, I'll PM you.
I'm interested in helping debug this:

I did install everything from scratch: Kindle for PC and downloaded 2 books. And still when I run unswindle.pyw I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 629, in gui_main
inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 580, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 468, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 434, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 514, in _get_book_path
path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 383, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory")
DebuggerError: could not read memory
GishFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #99
avid
Enthusiast
avid has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm TX, Ebookwise 1150, Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GishFish View Post
I'm interested in helping debug this:

I did install everything from scratch: Kindle for PC and downloaded 2 books. And still when I run unswindle.pyw I get:

File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 629, in gui_main
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 580, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 468, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 434, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 514, in _get_book_path
File "C:\Program Files\Amazon\Kindle For PC\unswindle.pyw", line 383, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory")
DebuggerError: could not read memory

Yes - this is the error I get if K4PC is not running. If it is open, then the error is failed to find book path.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #100
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
if you right-click on "My Computer" - Properties it should list the OS and SP Level.
Thank you, XP SP 3
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #101
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
Yes - this is the error I get if K4PC is not running. If it is open, then the error is failed to find book path.
Yes, it happens the same for me.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #102
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
It appears that the original version of my script just plain did not work on any version of Windows other than XP. A new release (version 2) linked to from the same blog post has been tested as working on Windows 7 and Vista both 32-bit and 64-bit. I apologize for not testing this more before releasing it, and thanks much to volwrath for helping with testing. Enjoy!

Last edited by i♥cabbages; 12-18-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: wrong uri syntax
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #103
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
Thanks for the hard work. The new version attempts to open K4PC, but I get this error.
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 752, in gui_main
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 703, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 562, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 493, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 627, in _get_book_path
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 436, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p.

When I open K4PC first and run the script, I get "Failed To Determine Book Path". Am I doing anything wrong? I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

Thanks
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #104
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
It appears that the original version of my script just plain did not work on any version of Windows other than XP. A new release (version 2) linked to from the same blog post has been tested as working on Windows 7 and Vista both 32-bit and 64-bit. I apologize for not testing this more before releasing it, and thanks much to volwrath for helping with testing. Enjoy!
It works for me! Kindle For PC should be close because the script needs to open it. Sometimes I get the below errors, but I then close everything and open Kindle For PC and run unswindle and get the book path error. For some reason it resets it and I can now unswindle my books. I've already done 6 to make sure. This is so simple! Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, SP2! Did I forget to mention that i♥cabbages!

File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 752, in gui_main
File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 703, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 562, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 493, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 627, in _get_book_path
File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 436, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p

Last edited by Lilly; 12-18-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #105
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Awesome!!!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote