Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
ncbrew2
ncbrew2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 505
Smile New guy

Just joined. I am getting ready to leave the house (NC) and drive to Virginia to purchase a Sony 505. I think I like it better then the Kindle. (for me).
I am trying to find sites to download books and am looking for a good PDF to LRF converter. Any suggustions?
I looked at some free book sites but did not find any books I was interested in. I was on a site and I think it was Sony and clicked on download on a couple of books and it said "Now in library" but I don't know where that is?

I also will look at "Calibre" when I get back home. I am not sure what that does?

Well, Gotta go.

Patrick in NC
NCBrew2
ncbrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Patrick
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Patrick and welcome to MobileRead. Had you considered getting one of the newer Sony's like the 300 or 600?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Patrick!

You will need to have the Sony Ebook Library software to load books on your new 505. If you've already downloaded that, then the books from the Sony store should have gone to your Ebook Library. I purchase most of my ebooks from Fictionwise in the .lit (microsoft reader) format then use convertlit to convert the file into a user friendly format for futher conversion in Calibre. Hope that helps.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote