Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
froggfive
froggfive began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Unhappy Frozen (not Madona)

Hi.
Help Please.
I had a PRS 505 reader as a xmas present.
I instaled 2 books brought from Amazon yesterday,my reader has frozen on the copy right notice of the book.
I have tried everything i have read on here and some other sites. (reset button switch on , off, charged with a power charger, and pc) it's still frozen.
Can some one help me sort this please, i'm missing my reader,even thought of buying another one, i like it so much.
Thank you .
Brian
froggfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does anything at all happen when you press the reset button and then switch it on? If not, it sounds as if the battery is dead.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
froggfive

reset button

Hi.
The reset button will turn the charge light on and off. thats all.
I have it plugged into the pc at the moment,and the charge light is red.
If i was to press the reset button now,it'll turn the reader off.
The page thats frozen will still be readable even tho its turned off.
Sorry if this doesn't make too much sence, i'm a bit behind on technology.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Pressing the reset button simply turns the machine off. If, however, the battery is dead, it will (obviously) not reboot when you turn it back on again.

An eInk screen does not use any power to display an image on the screen, so a "frozen" screen can be an indicator of a flat battery.

If the battery will not charge, it may well be that the battery is faulty.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
froggfive

Frozen

Hi Harry.
Thank you for your help.
I'll leave it on charge for the rest of the day, if that doesn't work, i'll be taking it back to the Sony shop tomorrow.
Thanks
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Did you strip the DRM off those books and convert them to LRF? That is the only way you'd be able to read amazon books on your Reader.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
God point, Lilac. If those are Amazon books then I'm puzzled. They shouldn't display at all on a Sony Reader. And it's not possible to buy Amazon books without owning a kindle.

Brian: recharge until the red light goes off.
This thread might be helpful:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21337
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggfive View Post
I instaled 2 books brought from Amazon yesterday,my reader has frozen on the copy right notice of the book.
Interesting. How did you buy ebooks from Amazon for your Sony reader?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #9
froggfive

Hi all.
I was so miffed yesterday,at my 505 freezing i wasnt thinking properly,Amazon is where i usually buy my paper books. Waterstone's is where i get my e-books.
Sorry about the slip of the mind
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #10
froggfive

Hi Patricia.
The red light comes on if i press the reset,but goes off after about 5 to 10 mins.
nothing else happens after that.