Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thumbs up Fiona McIntosh Fantasy Series

I spent last week reading Fiona McIntosh's trilogy The Percheron Saga and am now finishing her trilogy The Quickening. I had never read McIntosh until last week when I finally got around to reading the free book that HarperCollins offered last summer, Odalisque, the first book in The Percheron Saga. I a couldn't put it down and immediately bought the remaing two volumes, Emissary and Goddess.

I am now hooked on McIntosh and this week purchased The Quickening trilogy (Myrren's Gift, Blood and Memory, and Bridge of Souls). These books have disturbed my sleep by keeping me awake to read later into the early hours than I would like, but I find her writing irresistable.

Each trilogy is a separate story, complete within the trilogy.

McIntosh has a new ebook (available January 20, 2009), Royal Exile, which is the first of a new trilogy, Valisar.

Although each of the above books is available at various ebook retailers, I found that the best price is directly from the publisher, HarperCollins, with each volume costing US$6.39 except for Goddess, which is US$9.56. At the HarperCollins website the following formats are available: Adobe PDF, Microsoft LIT, and Mobipocket. In some instances, Adobe ePub is also an available format.

Question: McIntosh also wrote an earlier series, Trinity, whose 3 books are Revenge, Destiny, and Betrayal. I have not been able to locate them as ebooks. Does anyone know if they are available as ebooks and if they are, where?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I have all her books in PB, got them before my Sony Reader......I loved the Quickening trilogy, have yet to read the Percheron ones. Good to hear they are enjoyable.
I did start the Trinity ones but didn't grab me like the Quickening did and I got distracted by some new books so will go back to them later on. Good author though, quite under-estimated I think.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert