Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Update to Kindle3 reduces freezes

I said in a previous post that the latest firmware update to the Kindle 3 (Keyboard) hadn't made any noticeable difference apart from opening the wrong foreign language dictionary if I try to look up a word using Highlight, Spacebar, Dictionary. But i was wrong.

I realise that my Kindle now hardly ever freezes when I highlight or annotate; previously I could count on it doing so at least every third highlight and I would have to wait 3 mins until it switched itself off before I could use it again. Now, although it does happen infrequently, it is very rare. I guess that's a fair tradeoff for the dictionary problem.
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Freezing when highlighting is a sure sign that your clippings file is getting too big. Copy your clippings file to your PC, then delete it from the Kindle. You'll find that highlighting will become instantaneous again.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Thanks Harry, I can believe it. I do a lot of highlighting/annotating
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
update kindle keyboard