Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
idave321
idave321 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Deleting Newspapers ?

Can anyone tell me how to delete old newspapers from my Kobo. I tried a few trial subscriptions to papers and magazines but canceled after the trial. I now find myself with old papers from November that will not go away, I can delete them from the device but the next time I buy a book and update, it puts the 4 month old papers back on my reader. Any help would be appreciated.
idave321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
JackNF
JackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipseJackNF can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo eReader
Log in at the Kobo website and go to your library, specifically the I'm Reading list for your account on the website. Delete it there.
JackNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe you can also drop them from the Desktop application. On the left side of the screen in Library select "News and Mags" then, you can right click on the papers on the right of the screen and select delete.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
idave321

Thanks for the suggestions but papers and mags are not shown in my "I'm reading" list at the kobo site, and the library section of the desktop app offers only ALL and BOOKS.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You might need to update the desktop.. what version are you running?
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
idave321

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You might need to update the desktop.. what version are you running?

It's v1.7.1 (Oct 26 2010) on 64bit Ubuntu Linux.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I think you need desktop 1.8 to support Magazines / Papers.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
idave321

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you need desktop 1.8 to support Magazines / Papers.
An upgrade to 1.8 solved the problem ...
Thanks