Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Fictionwise 50% off Romance, Erotica, Fantasy, & Dark Fantasy

Fictionwise.com has a "Dozen Roses" promotion going on that gives you 50% off of Multiformat or 50% in Micropay credit for secure eReader books if you buy 12 or more titles in the following genres in one transaction:
  • Romance
  • Erotica
  • Fantasy
  • Dark Fantasy

No coupon code needed. The prices automatically adjust once you hit the 12 book threshold in your cart.

5% off coupon snow2010 still works.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
How long does this promotion last?
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Greenapple:
I received an email from Fictionwise about this promotion. It didn't give an end date, also I couldn't find an end date on the website. This is what the email said:

Ok, so we actually don't sell roses, but now at Fictionwise.com, when you buy 12 or more Romance, Fantasy or Dark Fantasy eBooks you'll get a 50% Micropay rebate on Secure titles and a 50% discount on MultiFormat titles! Let's just call it a Pre-Valentines Day.

I don't know if that means it will go until Valentines Day or what. It's a bummer not to know when it ends because I'm not sure when I will have extra money to buy any ebooks. It's a really great deal though.

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
It's a fantastic deal!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
causticmuse
Binge Reader

I'm hoping it lasts until Feb. 14 as well since I've already blown this month's ebook budget.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I was just on FW and it looks like this promotion is gone. However, you still get 45% off/micropay in those genre's but there is no requirement to buy 12 books.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
It's a very good offer, as long as the books you want are not Geographically Restricted.
Most of the titles I'd like to purchase are restricted by the publishers, but I don't know the status of this week's releases as Fictionwise hasn't got them on site yet. I hope they appear soon.
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
It's a very good offer, as long as the books you want are not Geographically Restricted.
Most of the titles I'd like to purchase are restricted by the publishers, but I don't know the status of this week's releases as Fictionwise hasn't got them on site yet. I hope they appear soon.
I've been wondering the same thing. I've been putting off buying any ebooks till I know what they'll be releasing this week. But as of now they don't seem to have any new releases posted. Is this normal for them to take this long?
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is not unusual for it to take this long.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
mindwarp
Zealot
mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mindwarp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
It is not unusual for it to take this long.
Thanks! I've only been shopping there for a couple of months and during that time they've always put there new stuff up in the a.m.

Last edited by mindwarp; 01-25-2010 at 04:36 PM.
mindwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
texasnightowl
Guru

They've been doing pretty good recently, but they've had times (or weeks) where updates were pretty late in the day on Mondays.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
It's a very good offer, as long as the books you want are not Geographically Restricted..
You know that it is very easy to circumvent the geographic restrictions?
Just put a valid USA address in your account, and pay with micropay or your regular credit card (the address is not verified at your credit card company).

In a very few cases you will get an extra credit card check on your bookshelf instead of a downloadlink. In that case just use www.hidemyass.com to download the book. After downloading the book once the extra check will be gone.

In even fewer cases (has happened to me only once) your credit card payment will not be accepted because your IP-address is checked (error message about your location).
In that case you will have to use an USA VPN like www.alwaysvpn.com.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
causticmuse
Binge Reader

There's a new 15% off coupon "janblast15" that stacks with the 45% off promo, too.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticmuse View Post
There's a new 15% off coupon "janblast15" that stacks with the 45% off promo, too.
You know, if I hadn't just imported all my books to Calibre and tagged them read or unread, this would be more tempting. I have a lot more unread books than I thought I did.

Thanks anyway though! I'm sure someone will use it!