Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #61
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Thanks for sharing your work, labba.

I tried to download the files provided through your link, but I get an antivirus alert about the virus PUS:App/PtchCrk-A.
Is there a problem with the files or is this a false positive ?
false .. this is a patch.. so recogize as viruse..(mcafee didn't recognized it..)
labba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #62
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Yeah, this just doesn't work for x64 (nor do the offsets of your debug reports). I've got 4 computers at my desk right now, and not a single one of them runs a 32 bit OS. Even my old socket 939 AMD is running the amd64 version of Ubuntu. It's almost 2010, ya know.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #63
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
Yeah, this just doesn't work for x64 (nor do the offsets of your debug reports). I've got 4 computers at my desk right now, and not a single one of them runs a 32 bit OS. Even my old socket 939 AMD is running the amd64 version of Ubuntu. It's almost 2010, ya know.
i didn't say that 64bit is soppurted...

more over i only tested it on XP SP3...

Last edited by labba; 12-17-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #64
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
i didn't say that 64bit is soppurted...

more over i only tested it on XP SP3...
How can you see your SP level? In my case, it has failed at Windows XP.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #65
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
And most important, thank you very, very much!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #66
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
How can you see your SP level? In my case, it has failed at Windows XP.
if you right-click on "My Computer" - Properties it should list the OS and SP Level.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #67
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
Does it even matter? As far as I can tell, the Kindle For PC installer and executable is 32-bit only.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #68
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Does it even matter? As far as I can tell, the Kindle For PC installer and executable is 32-bit only.
Apparently. I guess since windows has to use the Wow64 subsystem to run the code in 64 bit long mode, it's quite different from the same program running in the native Win32 interface.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #69
soalla
soalla began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-505
labba, thanks for all the work!!

I tried it but only got a message window - without a message on it - 4 or 5 times!
it never showed anything more than the ok button

btw, my OS is 32bit XP with sp3... maybe I'm doing something wrong....

I installed k4pc and downloaded an ebook from my shelf, than used your patch and tried to open the ebook with the result described above.
should I have downloaded the book only after patching the app? sorry for maybe being so dumb... and I'm not sure if downloading ebooks with the patched app is a good idea, knowing the amazon ways....

thanks again for your help!

soalla
soalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #70
labba

Quote:
Originally Posted by soalla View Post
labba, thanks for all the work!!

I tried it but only got a message window - without a message on it - 4 or 5 times!
it never showed anything more than the ok button

btw, my OS is 32bit XP with sp3... maybe I'm doing something wrong....

I installed k4pc and downloaded an ebook from my shelf, than used your patch and tried to open the ebook with the result described above.
should I have downloaded the book only after patching the app? sorry for maybe being so dumb... and I'm not sure if downloading ebooks with the patched app is a good idea, knowing the amazon ways....

thanks again for your help!

soalla
hmmmm......
i will re-check it .. be here shortly..
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #71
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Script automating the fun released.

http://i-u2665-cabbages.blogspot.com...or-pc-drm.html

I don't have a license for a 64-bit version of Windows, but I'll gladly integrate patches for any necessary changes.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #72
GishFish
GishFish began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 PC
I applied to Patcher and new KindleForPC.exe was created while the old one was backed up. All as described, no errors, everything seems fine.

But then what? How exactly I'll see "a message box for about 4-5 times the last message box is your PID"? I started the patched KindleForPC.exe and it works exactly as the unpatched one. I read my books but no message boxes pop up telling me the PID.

I even opened it with ollydbg as described in previous emails and it is patched because the offset 00570A94 is missing while it is there in the original file.

Any advise? Thanks!
GishFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #73
labba

Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
hmmmm......
i will re-check it .. be here shortly..
i have update the files please try again..

LaBBa.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #74
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
Script automating the fun released.

http://i-u2665-cabbages.blogspot.com...or-pc-drm.html

I don't have a license for a 64-bit version of Windows, but I'll gladly integrate patches for any necessary changes.
I missed that labba had released something somewhat more user friendly than running a debugger. *shrug* The unswindle.pyw script I wrote and have provided via the linked blog post works without patching KindleForPC.exe and automatically runs mobidedrm. Whichever way most floats your boat.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #75
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BN new EPub social drm format

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Certainly worth a try. I'm not where I can do it at the moment.
FWIW, it would be interesting to compare the META-INF rights.xml and encryption.xml files in the new B&N epub drm format to what is sued by normal adobe drm formats.

Simply unzipping the epub and looking at the encrypt key in rights.xml and encryption.xml might prove useful.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote