Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4.2 is now available. See this for the full release announcement.

Last edited by user_none; 09-02-2011 at 11:03 AM.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You mean 0.4.2, right?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You mean 0.4.2, right?
Indeed. I copied the last announcement ... I will fix it.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
will this install over 0.3 or should old version be completely removed 1st ?

or can I have both installed side by side ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
On Windows, at least, you can direct it to install in a different location and run two versions. The only values stored in the registry are ones relating to window position, find text, etc, so aren't important.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
user_none

Also, note that your settings will be shared across multiple installs. This works and won't cause any problems.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I just installed Sigil 0.4.2 on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64 bit) (successfully), but it doesn't launch. Running from the command line, I get:

Code:
/opt/sigil/./sigil: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by /opt/sigil/./sigil)
So I guess I have an older than required version of this library. This library is automatically updated on a regular basis and I don't know if it is risky to update it manually (and how to do it)
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
So I guess I have an older than required version of this library. This library is automatically updated on a regular basis and I don't know if it is risky to update it manually (and how to do it)
Download the package that contains libstdc++6 for natty. Should be this one. Extract the contents of the package. Do not install the package. Put the libstdc++6.so file in the folder you installed Sigil to (/opt/sigil).

Last edited by user_none; 09-03-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
I downloaded the Window x64 version to use with Windows 7.

I no longer have any problem splitting or re-ordering chapters and the way you handled the error correction is perfect for me.

I converted a Charlie Chan book from text to epub earlier today and everything worked as expected.

Well Done!

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 09-04-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I downloaded the Window 64 bit version to use with Windows 7.

I no longer have any problem re-ordering chapters and the way you handled the error correction is perfect for me.

I converted a Charlie Chan book from text to epub earlier today and everything worked as expected.

Well Done!

Regards - John
wow! i found 7 of them (charlie chan novels) here!

Last edited by alansplace; 09-04-2011 at 03:08 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
wow! i found 7 of them (charlie chan novels) here!

Good find!

I converted "The Chinese Parrot" this morning, which was the last. I now have all seven converted (wish I had found your site earlier).

I think I have finally worked out a work flow, so I'm going to go over the Charlie Chan books one more time for consistencies sake and move on to the Zane Grey books. I have all his novels (27 I think) from the Gutenberg Press. They are in a single file that is in a real mess.

Regards - John
Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool just once more, please...

Quote:
Good find!

I converted "The Chinese Parrot" this morning, which was the last. I now have all seven converted (wish I had found your site earlier).

I think I have finally worked out a work flow, so I'm going to go over the Charlie Chan books one more time for consistencies sake and move on to the Zane Grey books. I have all his novels (27 I think) from the Gutenberg Press. They are in a single file that is in a real mess.

Regards - John
i post this with fear & loathing of probable moderator backlash. zane grey, wow, are they on the usa gutenberg site?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i post this with fear & loathing of probable moderator backlash. zane grey, wow, are they on the usa gutenberg site?
I can't find the all-in-one, but it looks like all the books are there individually. Here is the link Gutenberg USA):

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/sear...uery=zane+grey

Regards - John

P.S. I think I'll save myself some trouble and look at the individual files. Maybe somebody has cleaned them up.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool thanks

Quote:
I can't find the all-in-one, but it looks like all the books are there individually. Here is the link Gutenberg USA):

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/sear...uery=zane+grey

Regards - John

P.S. I think I'll save myself some trouble and look at the individual files. Maybe somebody has cleaned them up.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Download the package that contains libstdc++6 for natty. Should be this one. Extract the contents of the package. Do not install the package. Put the libstdc++6.so file in the folder you installed Sigil to (/opt/sigil).
Thanks, it worked!!! (I had to copy libstdc++6.so.6 and libstdc++6.so.6.0.14 to /opt/sigil)
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote