Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #151
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Click the dropdown arrow on Convert Books or right-click on a book in the library view, choose 'create catalog', select Epub or Mobi, change the option near the middle of the page, and push Apply.

I have no way of testing if making this change actually accomplishes what you want.
Hi chaley
Nope - no matter what's the Catalog Read fields, + is added to tags again when fetching annotations again.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #152
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@pchrist7: The '+' tag is being added by the Fetch Annotations code, that won't change without a revision to that code.

chaley is telling you that by removing '+' from the E-book options, the catalog will not consider '+' as a marker for read books. You will see the results when you build the catalog.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #153
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@pchrist7: The '+' tag is being added by the Fetch Annotations tag, that won't change without a revision to that code.

chaley is telling you that by removing '+' from the E-book options, the catalog will not consider '+' as a marker for read books. You will see the results when you build the catalog.

G
Hi GRiker
Sorry for misunderstanding.
Understand chaley's suggestion will change the Catalog, the OP was worried by the tags.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #154
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Chaley's suggestion fixed the problem with the tag field being updated, now I need to know how to get it to put the reading status in the read_status field instead of the first line which is today's date.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #155
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@pchrist7: The '+' tag is being added by the Fetch Annotations code, that won't change without a revision to that code.
The annotation code that adds the tag is
Code:
            def mark_book_as_read(self,id):
                read_tag = gprefs.get('catalog_epub_mobi_read_tag')
                if read_tag:
                    self.db.set_tags(id, [read_tag], append=True)
From my reading, the tag is not added if catalog_epub_mobi_read_tag is empty. That is why I thought emptying that box on the catalog options would stop the tag from being added.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #156
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
From my reading, the tag is not added if catalog_epub_mobi_read_tag is empty. That is why I thought emptying that box on the catalog options would stop the tag from being added.
That stored gprefs value probably isn't being properly updated. That's obsolete code anyway, since the introduction of a broader set of 'read book' criteria.

I'll take a closer look when I have a moment.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #157
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi:

Another question: When you select a book to download the annotations that have already had annotations previously downloaded, will it overwrite the previous value? If so, this is not happening for me.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #158
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
help with save template formula

I want to get my books saved in the format

Lois McMaster Bujold - [Vorkosigan 16] - Winterfair Gifts.epub

Using this thread I put together the template

{authors} - [{series} {series_index:0>2s}] - {title}

This works all the time where there is a series but without a series I get the square brackets as follows

Lois McMaster Bujold - [ ] - Miles, Mystery and Mayhem.epub

Can someone help with changes to my formula to remove the brackets where no series exists, it is far beyond my skill level

adrian
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #159
jl_carter
jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jl_carter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
I want to get my books saved in the format

Lois McMaster Bujold - [Vorkosigan 16] - Winterfair Gifts.epub

Using this thread I put together the template

{authors} - [{series} {series_index:0>2s}] - {title}

This works all the time where there is a series but without a series I get the square brackets as follows

Lois McMaster Bujold - [ ] - Miles, Mystery and Mayhem.epub

Can someone help with changes to my formula to remove the brackets where no series exists, it is far beyond my skill level

adrian
adrian,

Anything outside the curly brackets will always appear in the title. To make the square brackets (and the 2nd hyphen) conditional, they need to be placed inside the appropriate curly brackets.

Try the template:
{authors} - {series:|[} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title}

The text after the first | will appear before the series name and the text after the second | after the series name only if the book is part of a series.

It should give you the result you're looking for.

JL
jl_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #160
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

Another question: When you select a book to download the annotations that have already had annotations previously downloaded, will it overwrite the previous value? If so, this is not happening for me.
Only if the book has been read further.
The book I'm reading just went from 25% to 97%.
What values did you have before "Fetch Annotations", what did you expect ?

Last edited by pchrist7; 01-25-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #161
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I think I might be misunderstanding something, the values are changing but the status is not, for instance if a book now has 99% it is still showing as Reading and not as Read.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #162
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you JL

I can see what you are getting at

I have tried

as you suggest

but calibre gives me an error message for an invalid conversion specification
apart from that i would have expected the initial |[ to come before series

adrian
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #163
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
... I have tried

as you suggest but calibre gives me an error message for an invalid conversion specification ...
@adrian,

I believe this is the template you're looking for. You almost had it right
Code:
{authors} - {series:|[|} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title}
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 AM   #164
adrian1944
Connoisseur

Yes that's it

thank you

adrian
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #165
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I think I might be misunderstanding something, the values are changing but the status is not, for instance if a book now has 99% it is still showing as Reading and not as Read.
I have never ever seen a read % larger than 99% !
I think the Kindle writes the location of the "first character on the last page" to the mbp file. So even if last page only contains 5 characters, it'll always be 99%. ( The Kindle "cheats" with it's status display on the Kindle screen ).
Again we're dependent on the data from "Fetch Annotations" put into the Comments.
That's why we have to say that if Read% > 98 then the book is Read, even if it might not be. Then the books "Last opened date" will be displayed to indicate the book as read, and "when".
Did this help ?

Tags
custom column, tag, tags