Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #16
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
With you all the way, Thrasher. I do believe, though, that flexibility should be up there with price and availability. Imagine owning a car that will run on only one brand of gas. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
With you all the way, Thrasher. I do believe, though, that flexibility should be up there with price and availability. Imagine owning a car that will run on only one brand of gas. Neil

You mean like 'petrol' and 'diesel' .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
mreclass
Enthusiast
mreclass began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
SO, IMHO, the kobo will fade away if Borders maintains the $150 price point. $119.95 with double Rewards points is what the market demands ... at least today ... (g).
I definitely understand that price will be a big determination factor, especially for new adopters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
On behalf of Kobo, thanks to the MobileRead moderators and community for the bump. We have no intension of going anywhere but up from here!
Sounds fantastic...I look forward to more updates (patiently, of course) and more reading.
mreclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreclass View Post
I definitely understand that price will be a big determination factor, especially for new adopters.
Agreed. I bought my Kobo mainly due to the price, as I am a new adopter and didn't want to invest too much into an eReader. As it turns out, I love it and now that the Nook has dropped in price, I kind of regret not holding out for the price war.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #20
kiwikobo
Enthusiast
kiwikobo doesn't litterkiwikobo doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
Agreed. I bought my Kobo mainly due to the price, as I am a new adopter and didn't want to invest too much into an eReader. As it turns out, I love it and now that the Nook has dropped in price, I kind of regret not holding out for the price war.
I don't -- it wasn't a lot of money and using the Kobo has clarified for me exactly what I want from a reader. As a gadget freak I'm quite surprised not to miss the 'extras' and just read the books. It's such a different thing from a phone or computer or similar piece of technology that it's very hard to decide what you need before using one...
kiwikobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreclass View Post

Sounds fantastic...I look forward to more updates (patiently, of course) and more reading.
us too! Not easy being David up against the Goliaths... busy building a better slingshot
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #22
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Finally got my Kobo today (damn, arrived at work, no time to seriously play!). Logged on here to spruik and found we are a real thread. yay
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTracey View Post
Finally got my Kobo today (damn, arrived at work, no time to seriously play!). Logged on here to spruik and found we are a real thread. yay
What firmware version it came with?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #24
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
You mean like 'petrol' and 'diesel' .....
I think it's more like "Arco" or "Shell." As if each distributor of gasoline put in an additive that made it useable on only a certain brand of car.

You can go to any gas station and get regular, unleaded, premium or diesel, and the one you need will work in your car. But imagine that the Amazon gas only works in Fords, and the B&N gas only works in Chevies, and the Borders gas only works in BMWs...unless you go to the independent station whose gas works in all cars because it doesn't contain that additive, DRMosol.

The publishing/distributing industry is just insane, IMO.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #25
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
What firmware version it came with?
Came with v1.0. I haven't updated yet as I am a bit put off by some of the problems that other posters have reported. Plus it is the start of a new uni semester and would rather us my relaxation time to read on my Kobo rather than working through an upgrade and potential issues. (although I note that many posters have also upgraded with no problems...)
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote