Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #286
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Maybe it is caused by USPS slowing budget increases. Years past I had good tracking of packages from PCB Florida to New York and to west coast cities.
It was just good luck -- the USPS has never been known to have accurate tracking.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #287
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Forget my ignorance.

Is the online store the only way to get one? I am in USA. Visited Best Buy and found nothing. Walmart had one, but old version I think.

I was curious about this device and though about "pulling the trigger" ... but without any place to find but online, I am not so sure ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #288
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Forget my ignorance.

Is the online store the only way to get one? I am in USA. Visited Best Buy and found nothing. Walmart had one, but old version I think.

I was curious about this device and though about "pulling the trigger" ... but without any place to find but online, I am not so sure ...
Currently, I believe the only (U.S.) source is directly through Kobo. You can verify this on their website under "where to buy" or something similar. It did only list Kobo.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #289
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Currently, I believe the only (U.S.) source is directly through Kobo. You can verify this on their website under "where to buy" or something similar. It did only list Kobo.
Thanks,

Do you own one? What's your experience if you do. Does it have landscape? I missed my Kindle DXG ... Kobo Aura maybe awesome for my SQL books if it comes with landscape mode for regular ePub (I know it does landscape for PDFs)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #290
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOA
Finally got my tracking number, but from support, still no email. Ordered on Sunday 5/5, and it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Honestly, if they had just given me the tracking number in a timely manner, I'd have nothing to complain about. The package looks to be arriving within the 5-7 business day estimate (but only just).
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #291
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks,

Do you own one? What's your experience if you do. Does it have landscape? I missed my Kindle DXG ... Kobo Aura maybe awesome for my SQL books if it comes with landscape mode for regular ePub (I know it does landscape for PDFs)
Not at the moment. My pre-order was completely lost and subsequent dealings with Kobo were dreadful. Perhaps I'll reconsider if the Aura is available in the U.S. via B&M. Perhaps. The Aura does have some shortcomings. I'll wait and see what Amazon has in store.

Last edited by Skydog; 05-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #292
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Thanks,

There is no landscape mode in ePubs or kepubs.

I kept pestering my local bookstore for when they will get them in and was told that Indiebound.org is working with Kobo on it. I couldn't wait and ordered one online. My order went right through. I think it's the most elegantly beautiful eReader I've seen. They used the larger screen and greater resolution to give us really attractive books.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #293
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
Finally got my tracking number, but from support, still no email. Ordered on Sunday 5/5, and it should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Honestly, if they had just given me the tracking number in a timely manner, I'd have nothing to complain about. The package looks to be arriving within the 5-7 business day estimate (but only just).
I ordered my replacement Aura HD on the 4th and just got the email.
So, I guess their "5-7 Days" starts today. The email seems to indicate
that. Their shipping time estimate looks to only be the time in the hands
of the carrier, the time they spend getting it ready to ship doesn't appear
to be included.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #294
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
to be included.

Luck;
Ken
Hope it arrives soon. You won't be opening up the new one will you?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #295
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
to be included.

Luck;
Ken
I don't know, mine was processed through Chicago last night, and I know USPS's estimates to be HIGHLY accurate (at least for me). I did an estimated delivery from the zip code in Chicago to my town through the "calculate a price" feature, and they estimated delivery on Wednesday via Priority if shipped today from the same zip code (I do this everytime the tracking updates on my ebay packages since USPS stopped offering estimated delivery dates). Depending on which flight my box catches (either last nights or tonights), it seems like I'm going to get mine 5-7 days from ordering, not shipping (which wasn't until the 10th).
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #296
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
I don't know, mine was processed through Chicago last night, and I know USPS's estimates to be HIGHLY accurate (at least for me). I did an estimated delivery from the zip code in Chicago to my town through the "calculate a price" feature, and they estimated delivery on Wednesday via Priority if shipped today from the same zip code (I do this everytime the tracking updates on my ebay packages since USPS stopped offering estimated delivery dates). Depending on which flight my box catches (either last nights or tonights), it seems like I'm going to get mine 5-7 days from ordering, not shipping (which wasn't until the 10th).
I'm a little surprised that you even allow such technology, on the Pond.

Or that the Postal Service would be so efficient getting things there.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #297
stoney77
Enthusiast
stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2e, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, iPad Pro, Kindle Oasis
Mine finally arrived today(ordered on May 1) and I'm charging it right now. The agent on live chat told me the Aura came with a wall charger, but that's not true. I also asked her if they were going to make additional covers for the Aura and she said she had no idea. Does Kobo even train these people before they put them in front of the public??

By the way, I ordered the espresso color and I agree with some others on this forum that espresso actually looks black. If you hold it up in direct sunlight, you can see that it's actually brown, very dark brown.
stoney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #298
bmatt
Enthusiast
bmatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
So I ordered mine Saturday and was a little worried because I didn't see a confirmation or the Aura in my purchase history. However, I looked in my spam and found the order confirmations. Should I see the Aura in my purchase history? I imagine it MAY not show up until I get my shipment confirmation, but I just want to make sure.
bmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #299
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatt View Post
So I ordered mine Saturday and was a little worried because I didn't see a confirmation or the Aura in my purchase history. However, I looked in my spam and found the order confirmations. Should I see the Aura in my purchase history? I imagine it MAY not show up until I get my shipment confirmation, but I just want to make sure.
What country are you from? I don't think Kobo has any online order history for physical items.

Edit: I believe this is for the U.S. I don't know about other countries.

Last edited by John F; 05-13-2013 at 02:24 PM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #300
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't think Kobo has any online order history for physical items.
Correct
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote