Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Convert EPUB to HTML Zip extra meta text

When converting an EPUB to Zip format in calibre 0.8.53 for displaying online, the top level html file has some extra text added to the meta data for description that results in " /> being displayed on the first HTML page.

So with "My Description" in the Description metadata field in the EPUB, the html file contains this:

<meta name="DC.description" content="<p class="description">My Description</p>" />

should just be this:

<meta name="DC.description" content="My Description" />

Deleting the line is a workaround, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Is there reason the Zip format is not called the HTML Zip format? When looking for a way to convert an EPUB to HTML I almost didn't see that Zip was really HTML Zip. I assume to try to minimize confusion with the HTMLZ format, but it does make it harder to find since once you find HTMLZ you assume that's the only HTML converter.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The zip output plugin was developed as a poor man's way of displaying ebooks with a simple webserver. As such the output is optimized for display in browsers. Dont use it if you want html output. Just unzip an epub, or if you want single file html, use htmlz.

If you want bugs fixed in it, you'll have to contact that plugin's author, his email address should be in the source.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
That's exactly what I want to use it for - to display a book online through a simple webserver.

I'll contact the author in case they don't see this.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote