Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 AM   #1
ebookie
Entrepreneur
ebookie began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
I've been tempted into the electronic reader world

So I've been looking for a decent e-Book for a while. Mostly because as an engineer more and more datasheets are on PDF and you have beg borrow and claim outrageous future run rates for someone to actually give you a real paper databook. But by the same token I want to have my datasheets at my workbench, not behind me at my workstation or on a laptop precariously balanced near a hot soldering iron. Hence my desire to get an electronic paper medium.

At the Maker faire in San Francisco I saw the Sony e-reader device and while I was wowed by the display, the massive amount of DRM pressure Sony puts on it and pretty much everything else they do made it impractical, write my own application? preposterous! So when I heard about the Illiad from a friend with Linux and write your own Apps and decent PDF support and a large enough screen and a TABLET I was pretty much tempted to fork over some hard earned cash and get one.

After reading through these forums as a lurker, I managed to figure out how to actually get Unbrickable installed so that I can log into the reader. I think my first project is going to be a way to turn its access on and off from the ContentLister display, that way I won't burn up battery power when I'm not trying to do development.

--Chuck
ebookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, ebookie! Glad you made it out of lurker mode.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert