Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Jumping Editors

I was hoping against hope that Ver 2.1 would cure the problem but sigil continues to run me up the wall by jumping around. Since no one else can recreate the problem, it must be something on my machine causing the problem. Since the same problem occured with Win XP, it must be something I brought foward.

This constitutes three tools I have used for years for programming.
--EditPadPro (finest editor I've ever used.)
--RegEx Buddy (regex build and test tool. Really slick.)
--AceText (clip/snippit builder and manager. Saves much work.)
All are tools from Jsoft.

Since I will have to uninstall each program to find out, can anyone recommend a replacement for each of these that does not cause problems with Sigil.

If my tool set is the problem, I just may use language unfit even for even the web.

BTW, Valoric, is there a full list of the kits you use to put Sigil together? It seems likely that any interference would occur in this area.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You keep talking about "the problem" without actually telling us what that problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
BTW, Valoric, is there a full list of the kits you use to put Sigil together? It seems likely that any interference would occur in this area.
"Kits"?

If you're asking how to build Sigil from source, it's all in the wiki.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
You keep talking about "the problem" without actually telling us what that problem is.

"Kits"?

If you're asking how to build Sigil from source, it's all in the wiki.
Valoric, I'm still fighting the problem of Issue 412 which you could not reproduce. Trying to make changes to sigil code becomes a challange. Any time I click outside of sigil and then click back into Sigil the window will go to the top of the file. My work around is the open codeview, click somewhere in it, click on the desktop, click back in codeview, have the editor move to the top of the file and then start editing. This usually works but not always. Sometimes when I'm trying to insert code from Acetext, Sigil inserts the data at the bottom of the file not at the caret. The culprit is probably Acetext, but even when Acetext is not running the same symptoms occur.

I may have to return to BD but I think that Sigil is really slick if I can just get everything working properly.

PS: I assume that QT comes as a "kit" ready to use. Anything else?

Last edited by crutledge; 06-20-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Valoric, I'm still fighting the problem of Issue 412 which you could not reproduce. Trying to make changes to sigil code becomes a challange. Any time I click outside of sigil and then click back into Sigil the window will go to the top of the file.
Yeah, I still can't repro this. I can click outside the Code View window and back with no problems. Code View stays where it is, it does not go to the top of the file.

Tried it on two computers and three OS's and it works just fine everywhere.

Quote:
All info is in the BuildingFromSource wiki page I linked before.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Valoric, I'm still fighting the problem of Issue 412 which you could not reproduce. Trying to make changes to sigil code becomes a challange. Any time I click outside of sigil and then click back into Sigil the window will go to the top of the file. My work around is the open codeview, click somewhere in it, click on the desktop, click back in codeview, have the editor move to the top of the file and then start editing. This usually works but not always. Sometimes when I'm trying to insert code from Acetext, Sigil inserts the data at the bottom of the file not at the caret. The culprit is probably Acetext, but even when Acetext is not running the same symptoms occur.

I may have to return to BD but I think that Sigil is really slick if I can just get everything working properly.

I cut and paste snippets of code from Notepad++ all the time (code view).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Jumping Editor Fixed!

It took most of the weekend to run it down, but being pretty sure that the problem was in one of the tools I brought foward worked.

I finally isolated the problem to AceText (the clip manager). Once it was no longer installed, Sigil responded as advertised.

I reinstalled AceText as a portable app onto the external USB drive where I keep all of the ebooks. Everything works like a champ.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
Valloric

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
This thread gives me the chance to thank you for all the GA Henty, Crutledge. What a superb job you've made of those old novels. I just finished my seventh yesterday. Here's karma to you for an excellent volume of work. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
This thread gives me the chance to thank you for all the GA Henty, Crutledge. What a superb job you've made of those old novels. I just finished my seventh yesterday. Here's karma to you for an excellent volume of work. Very best wishes. Neil
Thank you, sir.