Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #46
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
I hope people that use the T1 and T2 will get this with a firmware update, too.
Sony never ever did this, and i think sony will never do.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #47
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
When you say 'hyphenation' what do you mean?

Do you mean like '-' a hyphen between 2 words, or when a word breaks over between 2 lines for example.

Or something else?

And doesn't that already happen (gee, to ask that question I reckon I'm pretty unobservant, but there you go, I've never noticed )
I'm also curious, and wondering how I've managed to go so long without this obviously critical feature.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #48
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
Hyphenation is always ON. No option to turn it off.

The cover certainly offers some protection. The flimsy handling I meantion is only relevant when you flip the cover. Holding it on the backside doesn't feel very good, as it's moving around too much when not holding the device tight enough.

Closed = very nice
Opened= not so nice
Thanks so much for the video and review.

I think I shall wait to see what next year brings. My 650 still works great so I don't really need a new device. But I do like reading/watching reviews to see what is currently available.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #49
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
When you say 'hyphenation' what do you mean?

Do you mean like '-' a hyphen between 2 words, or when a word breaks over between 2 lines for example.

Or something else?

And doesn't that already happen (gee, to ask that question I reckon I'm pretty unobservant, but there you go, I've never noticed )
I mean that long words which are too long for a line will break, and thus reduce the long gaps which sometimes occur with justified text. ADE1 does not hyphenate, ADE2 does, so the T3 probably uses ADE2 rather than the ADE1 used on T1 and T2.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #50
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I mean that long words which are too long for a line will break, and thus reduce the long gaps which sometimes occur with justified text. ADE1 does not hyphenate, ADE2 does, so the T3 probably uses ADE2 rather than the ADE1 used on T1 and T2.

I don't think you mean ADE. Adobe Digital Editions is only available for PC or Mac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Digital_Editions
Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #51
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
I don't think you mean ADE. Adobe Digital Editions is only available for PC or Mac:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Digital_Editions
I suspect it was shorthand for Adobe Reader Mobile Software Development Kit. A pretty common shorthand, at that.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #52
samy2
Ebook-Fan

Okay. But it also as the other Version. There is no ade1 and ade1 in RMSK:
http://kb.datalogics.com/articles/FA...der_Mobile_SDK

Last edited by samy2; 09-14-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #53
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I just assumed that they meant the renderer. A pretty common assumption that the two are the same by people who used to use ADE to sideload library books and now use the reader itself.

Unfortunately I have made this kind of error myself on so I try to be a tad less nitpicky about it, but obviously don't always succeed.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #54
Selzernium
Enthusiast
Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Selzernium knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
Sony never ever did this, and i think sony will never do.
I beg to differ, in fact they did something as close to analogous as possible to this situation during the implementation of the ePub format in their e-readers. PRS-505 was given ePub support via firmware update whats more the previous gen PRS-500 was also given epub support via hardware update!

So never say never...
Selzernium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #55
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
If hyphenation can't be turned off, then it seems I may not get one and will look for a T2 instead for proofreading.

I like hyphenation for pleasure reading, but when proofreading, no.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #56
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's a fairly long review (27:58) from the folks at Goodereader. I'm not generally a fan of their videos, but there might be some good info in there for folks (haven't had time to watch it yet)...

BTW: Anyone heard anything about when it'll be available in the US?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #57
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
nice! thanks!
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #58
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
BTW: Anyone heard anything about when it'll be available in the US?
From another discussion in the Sony Forum, it's not.

Here.

But that just depends on how much credence you give an email response to the question.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #59
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
From another discussion in the Sony Forum, it's not.

Here.

But that just depends on how much credence you give an email response to the question.
The eBook Reader Blog seems to have confirmed it with Sony PR:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...united-states/

Quote:
Sony will not be offering the Reader PRS-T3 in the United States. In response to the region’s market changes, Sony will be focusing instead on mobile and tablet devices, including the Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia Z smartphone. Digital reading and eBooks remain an important priority for Sony. Reader Store will still help book lovers find and read their next story, anytime and anywhere, and customers can continue to expect new and exciting features and discovery tools. Reader Store will continue to support previous Readers as well as other compatible devices via the free Reader apps for PC, Mac, Android and iOS.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #60
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Did they concede the US market to Amazon and Kobo? It sure looks like it.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote