Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
hethan
hethan began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70d
Cool Exeption in format string

Hello there,
I have an Archos 70de, and I'm going nuts of it..
First , when loading pdf and epub formats straight ( with win explorer) into the device, it became totaly instable: looking it up online, there where more complaints about this behaviour.
So I did install on recommendation Calibre, did download the Manual, did see Videotut, made a library, and all worked fine and I did understand most of it, till the moment, I was putting the library on my device.
In archos, there was created of all the books( of my library) just 1 map named "books" with 1 file, and it warned that " G_C-EXCEPTION! Single '}' encountered in format string"
had happened. Following the process of writing from Calibre to device, I saw all the data change on the device and being overwritten by the data of the last book in my library.So the data of every single book is overwritten by the data of the next book in line.
I had my pdfs created with Nitro, just works fine as always.
Perhaps in Calibre ,I don't understand the concept of creating a library: but just on my PC in Calibre interface, all looks great and it just functions.
Is there anabody who has suggestions here??
I did start Calibre in debugmode to, did restore the database etc.....
Thanks alot...
hethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Assuming you are connecting your reader to calibre, you have an error in your send-to-device template. Like the message says, somewhere there is a '}' character with no matching '{' character occurring before it. Every '{' must have a matching '}' and vice versa.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
hethan
hethan began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70d
Thanks Caley,
can you tell me please what to do to make it match ??
hethan
hethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hethan View Post
Thanks Caley,
can you tell me please what to do to make it match ??
hethan
Count Them

For every open {
There must be a closing }
BEFORE any the next { happens

and they are always exist in PAIRS

{title {authors} is really broken

BTW the most common problem is you fat fingered a ) instead of a }
and those are really hard to spot
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote