Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
captpete
captpete began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (2017)
Bulk Convert problem - prefered format input

I have a problem with using Bulk Convert I believe is an oversight. When you select Bulk Convert there is no field for the preferred input format. I usually use GutenMark on TXT files (or hand-code) and convert to HTML for subsequent conversion to ePub and since Calibe saves HTML as ZIP format it appears as the last format. Calibre seems to select TXT as the format for conversion since it is in the list before TXT. Not what I want.

I assume the "Prefered input format order" list on Preferences-General is the one used. HTML and it's children are listed before TXT BUT there is no ZIP there. This seems like an oversight (or bug) to me. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't HTML be listed as ZIP or maybe Calibre open the ZIP and see if it's HTML so that Bulk Convert works correctly (IMHO)? Since I have appx. 1250 Project Gutenberg TXt files I am converting to my jetBook Lite I really am looking for a method for Bulk Convert that would work.
captpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If there is only one format then that is the one it will pick so if you are sure you want html/zip then you could remove all other formats if there are any
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpete View Post
Calibre seems to select TXT as the format for conversion since it is in the list before TXT. Not what I want.

I assume the "Prefered input format order" list on Preferences-General is the one used. HTML and it's children are listed before TXT BUT there is no ZIP there.
The fact that the html was stored as a zip file should be inconsequential. I too thought that the bulk conversion would use the highest listed format. If it is truly using the text to convert from when a html formatted file is also there then our understanding needs to be clarified or the bug reported.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the workings will speak up.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a bug, there's already a ticket opened for it. Feel free to leave a comment on the ticket, indicating the bug affects you as well.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
captpete
captpete began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's a bug, there's already a ticket opened for it. Feel free to leave a comment on the ticket, indicating the bug affects you as well.
Thanks, I added to bug #5879
captpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert