Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
Insufficient Storage problem?!

Just update to Version 2.5 after tried several times to connect, then it went on to download post-2.5-font-undate. Unfortunately, the font update got interrupts twice. Now, when I try to redownload the font, it says:

Insufficient storage to download post-2.5-font-update
Required storage = 12.7 MB, available = 8.2MB
Please remove some old content items
Click here to confirm

After click, it says "Download error:" and then jumps to Download History

Actually it seems to work quite well without this font update, but when connect to iDS, the font-update starts to download automatically and then stop. How to handle this problem?

I think the downloaded update files should be stored in the 64MB RAM, maybe it should be the issue of how to clear the RAM, something like Hard Reset for a PDA. Should I need to use up all power to release the RAM to get enough storage? That sucks.

Last edited by each; 10-05-2006 at 08:45 AM.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
maybe try deleting all the documents/notes/books (backup first) from the illiad and try again
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
each
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
maybe try deleting all the documents/notes/books (backup first) from the illiad and try again
Thanks deadite66, well, the internal memory still has more than 100MB available, I tried to move some files out, same problem when trying to download. Those corrupted files should be in the 64MB RAM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
@each
I have a similar problem. Pre update was interrupted and cannot be overwritten as it is corrupt, meaning that I cannot install the 2.5 update. Although not exactly the same problem as you, but the underlying cause is the same. I have opned a ticket with Irex about this and will keep you informed about the solution. I am hoping that Irex can send a package through IDS that clears the download directory on the device, otherwise the userhack and an ssh connection may be the ony way to get rid of the files.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
each
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork
@each
I have a similar problem. Pre update was interrupted and cannot be overwritten as it is corrupt, meaning that I cannot install the 2.5 update. Although not exactly the same problem as you, but the underlying cause is the same. I have opned a ticket with Irex about this and will keep you informed about the solution. I am hoping that Irex can send a package through IDS that clears the download directory on the device, otherwise the userhack and an ssh connection may be the ony way to get rid of the files.
Thanks Pitchfork, I think we got the same problem. Let's follow up and wait for the sulotion. I am trying to use up all power now, will let you know whether it works.
Advert
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
updates for the filesystem are stored in a different partition that documents. Perhaps the post-update uses the document partition.

The update downloads are deleted from the partition only when the update has been sucessful or the internal "update flag" has been deleted. So yes, a failed update could block further updates until the update flag is deleted. Hmm. Please tell us how your issues are solved by iRex.

Last edited by arivero; 07-26-2006 at 03:52 AM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 AM   #7
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
perhaps if we knew where the files are stored you could use a pdf-exec-script like the browser one to flush the files.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:55 AM   #8
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
perhaps if we knew where the files are stored you could use a pdf-exec-script like the browser one to flush the files.
yep, you can use cntl-p on the pdf, pop up the print window, select "print command", type rm /mnt/protected/*.gz and press the print button. But I would wait to speak with iRex technical support.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:01 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
yep, you can use cntl-p on the pdf, pop up the print window, select "print command", type rm /mnt/protected/*.gz and press the print button. But I would wait to speak with iRex technical support.
You can open a print dialog?
i cant, how do you do it?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:33 AM   #10
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
You can open a print dialog?
i cant, how do you do it?
It was possible in 2.4, so the people with update problems should have it available, as they have 2.4.

Problem is, iLiad takes control of xpdf buttons after you browse beyond the first page. So you can only pop up the keyboard and request the open and print dialogs in this page.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
each
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchfork
@each
Hey Pitchfork, want to let you know that it seems to work by using up all power. I just finished all updates now, I kept my iLiad on until it shut down automatically, then I connected it to iDS with wired ethernet and power, I didn't get the "insufficient storage" message this time and the update is quite straight forward.

I found it is better to use wired ethernet for updating, I got the unsuccessful downloads during update from wireless connection.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
kenken
kenken began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Hello mobileread residents.
I'm newcomer of this hot forum.
this thread is really encourage me.
I'm not alone having update trouble.

Hi, each and Pitchfork, now I'm having same situation.
exactly like each's case.

and the way that each mentioned is really work?
I've tried same way but a corrupted files is still there.
Maybe I'm too hasty?

multiple power on and off, finally it looks runs up all battery.
leave it 14 hours then power on!
Oh boy, its still there.....
"Required storage = 12.7 MB, available = 11.5MB"

just 1.2MB is really annoying me.

I hope 2.6 release in iDS could remove my headahe and the corrupted file.

Last edited by kenken; 08-15-2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spell miss
kenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
kenken
kenken began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Finally my situation is solved!
2.6 works well.
it looks like sweep away copputed files and download latest version.
now I can enjoy 2.6 and new font.

its Really Great!
kenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It appears also eFlyBook iLiad owners have this kind of problem when they try to upgrade to 2.6. Apparently their upgrade (including an updated version of the eFlyBook Viewer) isn't ready yet.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote