Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Ebook Library refusing to load on screen when new media.xml file required

Hi,

After applying the Unicode Patch, I need to generate a new media.xml file every time I upload new books to the device. And collections don't work for the new books I upload to the device, but that's a whole different problem.

Each time I get the error from calibre saying I need to regenerate my media.xml file. This is corrected when I turn on Ebook Library.

However, ebook library won't turn on when I first try to load it. I get the Do not Disconnect on my 505's screen, and ebook library is running as a process if I bring up task manager, but it won't do anything. I can't eject my reader either. If I force close the ebook library process, i can then turn on ebook library and it loads up fine. I have tried waiting a while to see if it was a scanning problem or something but doesn't seem to work. Am I damaging my reader by force-ending the ebook library process?

Is there any way to fix this? Anyone else have this problem?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote