Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
b5delenn
b5delenn began at the beginning.

Device: iPaq 214
Problem reading epubs, pages keep jumping

Hi, this is a problem I have always had with calibre reading some epubs. For example: I am at page 323, I press right arrow or scroll down and it goes to the next page until suddenly, when I am at 327 and I pass page it comes back to 323. Then I press back and it goes directly to 327. To read properly I have to go back from the end of the chapter. Sometimes it is page 50, etc
I use Windows 7 and now I have the last version of Calibre (0.8.61) but this has been happening always. Usually it happens with converted files but I think it have happened too with non-converted.
Please if there is some solution tell me, thank you
b5delenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You might want to try the new paged mode for reading your ePubs and see if it's to your liking and makes a difference.
Quote:
Release: 0.8.61 [20 Jul, 2012]

New Features

E-book viewer: Add a paged mode that splits up the text into pages, like in a paper book instead of presenting it as a single column. To activate click the button with the yellow scroll icon in the top right corner.
In paged mode, the ebook viewer no longer cuts off the last line of text at the bottom of the screen, and it respects CSS page-break directives. You can also set page margins and control the number of pages displayed on screen by clicking the Preferences button in the viewer and going to 'Text layout in paged mode'.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-21-2012 at 09:53 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
b5delenn
b5delenn began at the beginning.

Device: iPaq 214
Thank you, it worked.
b5delenn is offline   Reply With Quote