Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
comet
Connoisseur
comet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis , Kindle Oasis 2, Tolino Epos
sometimes previous button doesn't work

Hallo,

sometimes (seldom) the previous button doesn't work. If I turn the page and immediately want to go back nothing happens. I have to press the previous button again, then it works. So that seems to be a software problem because most of the time it works normally. Does anybody observe the same phenomenon?
comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I've seen reports of this occurring. Restarting the device often helps.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
comet
Connoisseur

I tried it now sytematically: It happens relative often :-(, especially after a page that includes a picture. And it doesn't matter whether I used the left or the right previous button. During normal reading the phenomenon is seldom observed because you only seldom returns to the previous page.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can't say I've noticed it, but how often do you find yourself wanting to return to the previous page? Ie, does it actually matter?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I think it depends on how quickly you try to return to the previous page. Even the Kindle can only work so quickly so sometimes it jams up if you press the buttons too quickly.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
comet
Connoisseur

@HarryT: I read technical literature (not PDF!) on my kindle, so there is the some need to return to the previous page, if I don't understand something at once ;-) Of course during normal reading of a novel there is only seldom a need for returning. But I want to know whether there is a defect of my kindle or if this is only a bug in the firmware.

@crich70: You are partially right. Sometimes I observed that only trying to return fast to the previous page doesn't succeed, waiting some time and then trying to go back works. So one can believe that it's not a bug but a feature, amazon built into the firmware: Read slowly and think about what you are reading ... ;-)

I only want to ensure that my kindle is ok - otherwise I will return it to amazon.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
I observed this too on my kindle DXG. And i agree it happens when i try to go back to the previous page as soon as i flip the page. And i am pretty sure it is not a hardware problem.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
I observed this too on my kindle DXG. And i agree it happens when i try to go back to the previous page as soon as i flip the page. And i am pretty sure it is not a hardware problem.
I see the same on my DXG. Having to go back is usually my fault... what DID that last line say?.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote