Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
New RSS-to-PDF feature by Feedbooks.com

We just released a tool allowing you to convert single RSS feeds into PDF files formatted for the Sony Reader and iRex iliad. We'll release more advanced features in the future, including the possibility to create PDFs from multiple RSS feeds, and some sort of widgets (Sudoku, weather forecast, crosswords, etc).

Right now, the RSS -> PDF conversion is in still beta and we'd like to test it extensively during the next few weeks. The conversion already supports TOC + images in feeds, and basic formattings such as bold/italic/simple tables. Just like with other features from Feedbooks, we offer PDF output templates for A4/Sony/iLiad. You can also customize the output the way you want.

We're looking for bugs and ways to improve this new core feature -- any feedback is welcome!

Link: http://www.feedbooks.com/news

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 03-17-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: slightly rewritten for frontpage -alex
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
This is probably something I could use now and then. It looks even better than the Java program I was working on to do pretty much the same thing.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

I've started playing with Dapper and Yahoo Pipes too... Any website could be extracted using these sorts of tools together, I'll work on this and if I get it right I'll do a screencast about it.

http://dappit.com
http://pipes.yahoo.com
Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Another great tool for FeedBooks. Congratulations.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Just added an example of sudoku: http://download.feedbooks.com/sudoku.pdf

Is the size right for your eyes/iLiad ?

I'm working on generating random sudokus now.
I was wondering... are people using sudoku generators or special websites/feeds mostly ? I guess it would be possible to parse some of these websites too.
Advert