Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Is it slower than before? or just me?

Is it slower than before?
After the firmware upgrade, I felt it's slower..tuning pages is slower...

or..maybe I did something wrong?
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
jonnybraga
jonnybraga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
in my case, it seems faster...

specially when I have a book open and I press the menu button..... it used to take forever to get the menu on screen... now it takes about 2 seconds max....

try it with other books.... i've noticed that the performance changes...
jonnybraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

good to know it's faster!

maybe the book is the issue!
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
NickWilliams
NickWilliams began at the beginning.

I thought it seemed faster too. The page turns look smoother to me as well. There used to be a kind of flash where the screen was all black and text was white when I turned pages. Now it seems much less noticeable to me.
NickWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Nick...I read on another post that you're a nursing student. I'm sorry, man, but if that's your picture, stay the hell out of my hospital room. Okay?
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

I don't seem to be any slower after the upgrade, so maybe it is just you.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Vardd
Vardd began at the beginning.

Same here, i don't really see any speed difference. Maybe a little bit faster, but it can just be my mind. Maybe it was the book you were reading?
Vardd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
tpl
tpl began at the beginning.

I have just installed 1.4 and I think the machine is faster.

Before the upgrade I often had to click twice or occasionally 3 times on the "next page" to get the page to change. I assumed that this was a function of my Calibre converted books and/or the slow processor in the Kobo. Anyway 1.4 fixed this somehow. Worth the effort just for that.
tpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
NickWilliams
NickWilliams began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Nick...I read on another post that you're a nursing student. I'm sorry, man, but if that's your picture, stay the hell out of my hospital room. Okay?

Ha! That is me from Halloween. If you saw me without the make up you would probably still want me to stay the hell out. I don't look like most people would expect a nurse to look. I look more appropriate on a chopper than in scrubs, but I am getting pretty good at taking care of people. Your first instinct might be to kick me out, but you'd be glad you had me after the first few minutes of care.

Sorry -->
NickWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote