Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
Knuckles McGinty
Knuckles McGinty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Calibre + Mathematica

The latest version of Calibre (August 2015) is superb! It makes beautiful ebooks out of doc.x files with flawless tables of contents.

I was also pleasantly surprised to learn Calibre can now flow text around tables. That’s a big step forward for science writers. One thing needs to be accomplished. A link up between Calibre and the equation formats and demonstrations native to Mathematica.

Here is a link to the Mathematica Demonstrations project. You can see, better than I, what I am trying to suggest:

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/new.html

To run a Mathematica demonstration on your desk top you need to allow Mathematica to install the Mathematica Player (freeware). Don’t forget to turn off your antivirus app while you install Mathematica Player.

Last edited by Knuckles McGinty; 09-05-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Knuckles McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Be very careful about Turning OFF your A/V protection for any WEB app

Any decent app should run with A/V enabled.
You might need to approve connections ( research all unknown sources before allowing even those)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
Knuckles McGinty
Knuckles McGinty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dear Moderator-
You do not need to turn your antivirus application off while you run Mathematica demonstrations on Mathematica player. You need to turn your antivirus application off while you install Mathematica player. Thanks!
Knuckles McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles McGinty View Post
Dear Moderator-
You do not need to turn your antivirus application off while you run Mathematica demonstrations on Mathematica player. You need to turn your antivirus application off while you install Mathematica player. Thanks!

Not gonna happen.
That is a clear script for Malware/spyware

UAC should approval be the most that is needed, and THAT should also be approached with care.

Note: I am not claiming Mathematica IS bad stuff.

I am endorsing CAUTION (and better software).

Example: Only rare cases (A/V programs) does Calibre get blocked from installing. The advice is to only use official site downloads, before disabling the A/V for the duration of the install
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

@Knuckles McGinty - the one time you definitely don't want to turn off your AV is when you're installing software

I have Mathematica for econometric modelling - never had to turn off my AV to install or run. Nor I imagine have Yelland's Bank or Gold in Sacks

Where on the Wolfram website does it advise to turn off one's AV before installing the CDF player, I couldn't see anything.

I wonder if you have somethng awry with your computer system

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-06-2015 at 03:40 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote