Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
slammerkin
Star-gazer
slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Retired Pandigital)
Pandigital ereader email client stopped working

I'm having trouble with my Pandigital's email set up.

Until yesterday, I had my gmail account set up on both my Pandigital ereaders. They've worked fine. (It's a white 7" Pandigital MultiMedia ereader in both cases).

However, I had to change my gmail password yesterday, which I did from my PC. When I went to check it on my ereader later, it wouldn't let me, it kept telling me it couldn't connect to server- even though I was connected, b/c I could browse the internet with it, and had used the updated password.

I tried to use my old pandigital, which at one time had the email set up, but no longer did- but when I tried to set it up again, I had the same issue.

In both cases, neither one will let me set up my email again- on the first, I can't delete the old gmail account (I was going to try to delete it and re-set it up)every time I try to delete the old one, it freezes and the email crashes. If I try to add it again, it won't let me, b/c it says that account is already on there.

On the second ereader, which always worked fine but I had stopped using, I tried to set the email up again, and it won't let me do it either.

Both ereaders let me start set up by entering the email address and password, but when I hit next, I get either

“cannot connect to server”
or
“not trusted server certificate”

But again, I AM connected, b/c I can use the browser on the ereader to surf the net, and even check gmail on the browser.

I've changed my gmail password before, and this didn't happen, but b/c it's the case with both ereaders, and everything was fine prior to changing it, I have to assume it's the root cause.

I tried setting up through the three manual options (pop3, imap, and exchange)- and each time checked the “accept all SSL certificate” boxes, but same results.

I read online someone else had this problem, and the solution that worked for them was “ you'll need the PK12 certificate from your ISP stored on your device for your device to trust the site over SSL. “

But I have no idea what that means (sorry, pretty inept here with technology), or how to find/fix that.

The only other variable is that the reason I changed my password this time was b/c gmail advised doing so now that they've done something to fix potential heartbleed issues- I don't know if that has any bearing on it, versus the last time I changed passwords, and had no issues.

Any ideas/advice would be hugely appreciated- I can still use the ereaders to check gmail via the browser, so I'm not totally SOL, but its so much easier and faster to check email set up from the ereader main page, b/c gmail uses multiple tabs to organize incoming email with the browser, but not the regular set up.
Thanks,
slammerkin is offline   Reply With Quote