Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Solved] Which test to do before buying a kobo glo?

Hello friends, I wish to ask you which test should I do to discover hypothetical defects in the kobo glo? For defects I mean defects as bright pixels. or other things (do you know what else can it suffer?).
Tomorrow I will go at the library store to buy one and I would like to be sure it is an ok unit!

Thx a lot for your advice!

Last edited by greens; 10-18-2012 at 02:28 PM.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Lupa
Lupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five wordsLupa can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Turn the brightness all the way up in a darkish room and you'll notice any bright pixels, if you cant be in a darkish room then you'll just have to wait until you get home, but you have like 30 days to return it for another one. I have not heard much bad things about the kobo glo and mine is fine so you should be ok with first one you get.
Lupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
those bright pixels are easy to spot even at low light, if you eyes are ok, I saw in Whsmiths in normal light.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
A few people seem to have uneven lighting, which you should also check for.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
greens
Connoisseur

Thanks to you all very much I will try to open my eyes well when buyng it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
A few people seem to have uneven lighting, which you should also check for.
hello, what do you mean for uneven lighting please? thx!
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
The light being brighter in certain spots than others, or maybe different shades of white in different areas. The only different shade/brightness you should see is a long the bottom, where the light sources are located.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
greens
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
The light being brighter in certain spots than others, or maybe different shades of white in different areas. The only different shade/brightness you should see is a long the bottom, where the light sources are located.
Thanks you Kobokobe! Now I'm preparated thank you to all the other people again!