Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #1096
sabonis
sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.sabonis can eat soup with a fork.

Device: paperwhite(japan)

kindlet is ok too.
sabonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #1097
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Re-download it from the link in the first post. I've repackaged it about half an hour ago, so it should also install on your device now.
And to think you will have to do the same dance for the wifi-only japan version - or are they same model as us-wifi?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #1098
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
We'll only know once somebody with that model complains and/or posts their serial number.

But the repackaging is a matter of one minute, so not a huge deal (it's a bigger deal for NiLuJe to update kindletool, though...)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1099
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
wow, that was fast!

Now I just need to revert back to 5.1.x so I can jailbreak again. That is, unless there is a new 5.3.2 jailbreak that I haven't seen yet? I unfortunately uninstalled jailbreak before upgrading to 5.3.2.
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #1100
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Great job ixtab. The 3.1.1 version is running fine on my fw 5.3.2 KT. Thank you very much.

I agree that it would make sense to have the TTS patch on the 5.3.2 firmware (KT has audio, after all!).
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #1101
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

What a great job, ixtab! I was waiting for JBPatch compatibility to install new Touch update (I can't live without custom display margins and progress bar). Thank you very, very, very much!.

I also think that having the TTS patch working would be great!
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #1102
leonardo84
leonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with others

well, i have installed jbpatch on my KT 5.3.2, and it went ok. But whenever i try to open it i got this error message:

"Error: This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer."

Is possible that i dont have developer key installed? I had some trouble to update to new firmware, maybe i accidentaly deleted it... If so, what can i do to recover it? I tried several methods to reinstall jailbreak ( and i realized that i cant reboot my KT in diags mode)... Helppp!!
leonardo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #1103
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Added this to the first post too.

If you get a "Your device is not authorized as a Test Kindle" message when opening the UI, install the Developer Certificates Bundle.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #1104
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
ixtab

uninstalled jbpatch, komik and launcher, restarted again, update kindle and update_jbpatch_3.1.1_fw532_install.bin
All perfect
Thanks
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #1105
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
First of all thank you for porting the framework once again, secondly - no problems whatsoever with installing (uninstalled all but the Jailbreak and Kindlet Jailbreak before updating) - but then, there comes an error report.

On Font Sizes 10 and 12 my Kindle refuses to actually change the fontsize, it just stays at whatever fontsize you had selected before. I use size 10 on some of my main fonts (USE_ALT_FONTS hack), so for now half of them are currently not usable for me.

I hope you can look into that.

edit: And one minor request - i recently used the hyphenation jar you provided on the ereader forums with 5.1.2 and I too prefered the option to disable the forced justification setting in the patch (for mostly the last line on a page which sometimes gets streched quite a bit across the line), so if you could, I would be glad if you could streamline the option into the regular builds, or maybe release a test build for the hyphenation jar under FW 5.3.2?
Thanks again.

Last edited by notimp; 01-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #1106
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
On Font Sizes 10 and 12 my Kindle refuses to actually change the fontsize, it just stays at whatever fontsize you had selected before.
With previous firmware, only AZW3 files were affected. Now it seems that also mobi files have the same issue. It should be a reader problem. It seems that for some unknown reason Amazon does not want that we set certain font size. Maybe the not allowed size sequence has some caballistic significance.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #1107
nalott
nalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with othersnalott plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up ixtab, thank you!!

Being new to Kindle, I really appreciate your work ixtab. I find Kindle almost perfect even "jailed", but your JBPatch, particularly Dictionaries patch made me jailbreak (and starting to discover further nice litlle hacks)! Many thanks again
If there is a poll of what patch to update to 5.3.x, I vote for Progress bar (which I liked on Kindle 5, which I returned because of hardware fault and am now very happy with Paperwhite).
nalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #1108
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
@pirl8: Thank you for clarifying that, I knew I read something similar in the last weeks.

So beware if you update, you might loose the usability of some fonts due to the sizing restrictions. If ixtab doesn't find a way to circumnavigate the problem (its always the simple tasks you mention casualy on the side... ), I might have to downgrade my KT in the future. Usability of fonts (not only custom ones) has the second highest priority for me after hyphenations.

Btw, might it be a valid option to look into "resizing" default vector forms of fonts? I really dont want to, but...

Last edited by notimp; 01-16-2013 at 05:31 PM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #1109
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
In terms of patches, that's about the final state of it. I'm not going to port any other patches to the new firmware versions, it's just too much maintenance effort. (Well, I *might* look into the TTS patch for 5.3.2, but only if there is demand for it... and it may well take a few weeks).

Of course, if anybody is willing to port some of the "FW 5.1.x-only" patches to FW 5.3.x, feel free to do so. I will happily integrate your work.
What does it mean? Is it possible to use all the patches included in JBPatch in previous versions? Does the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.NoAdsPatch work?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #1110
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
What does it mean? Is it possible to use all the patches included in JBPatch in previous versions? Does the com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.NoAdsPatch work?
The "full" set of patches is only supported on FW 5.1.0. If patches worked unmodified on newer firmware releases, they wouldn't need to be adapted...

BTW, the patch you mention is no longer distributed nor supported. See this post for more information.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks