Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Books disappearing when added to Shortlist after update

I have just updated my Kobo Touch and finally readded about 200 of my books after only having a couple on the Touch due to the Storage Error issue. But when I went through and selected about 20 of them (by tapping on the heart symbol) for my short list unfortunately they vanished!

They are no longer in my library and they are not in my short list either. I can't find them when I search by author or title?

Has anyone else seen this?

EDIT: I have since realised that I didn't upgrade the Touch - just the Desktop. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by HarleyB; 09-02-2011 at 05:36 PM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh no! I just got a Storage Error again - right now all I want to do is cry....
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Can you confirm that the upgrade applied correctly? Check settings > device information and ensure you have 1.9.10 as your version number.

Last edited by SameerH; 09-01-2011 at 07:40 PM.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Oh no! I just got a Storage Error again - right now all I want to do is cry....
Were you getting the error before upgrading and just ignoring? Might be worthwhile factory resetting and reloading those books if you haven't already, maybe so oddity carried over from the 1.9.9 firmware when you upgraded.

Can't comment on your disappearing books though. Haven't yet upgraded.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
HarleyB
Fanatic

Hi Sameer you're too clever! According to my Touch I am still at 1.9.9 (r30773, Jul 28 2011)
Hmmmm I thought the upgrade had gone through but apparently not. I'll try syncing again.
Ok it has synced and it says Update successful but I'm still at 1.9.9?

I have done the factory reset again and even though my Desktop is at 2.1.0 my Touch is still 1.9.9

I suppose I'll just have to wait...
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Strange, did it say it was upgrading your software?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
HarleyB
Fanatic

I'm sorry but I can't say for sure - I thought so the first time as I honestly thought I had upgraded.
But the last 2 syncs have just said updating reading stats and awards etc and have only taken a minute.
Once I have updated the Desktop to the latest version shouldn't a sync with my Touch upgrade it as well?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I'm sorry but I can't say for sure - I thought so the first time as I honestly thought I had upgraded.
But the last 2 syncs have just said updating reading stats and awards etc and have only taken a minute.
Once I have updated the Desktop to the latest version shouldn't a sync with my Touch upgrade it as well?
Nope As Sameer mentioned elsewhere, they tend to do a staged release to avoid flooding the environment.

Last edited by PeterT; 09-02-2011 at 12:39 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
HarleyB
Fanatic

Thanks Peter and Sameer. I'll wait for the upgrade to come through - in the meantime I think I'll just have to watch a movie or something.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Looks like Australia hasn't been invited to the upgrade party yet.

If it hasn't landed by this evening I'll probably upgrade manually as detailed in this thread.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Couldn't HarleyB not do a manual install if so inclined. I seem to recall instructions/thread somewhere saying how to do it?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
molman
Evangelist

Read my mind TedJ

EDIT: just remember to change the version number if you are using those instructions.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
HarleyB
Fanatic

Thanks guys - I just looked at that thread but I think I will wait until the upgrade comes through normally.
I've been putting up with the Storage Error for a while now - I think I can survive another day.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Thanks guys - I just looked at that thread but I think I will wait until the upgrade comes through normally.
I've been putting up with the Storage Error for a while now - I think I can survive another day.
Yeah clicking sync/update is a little easier than all that commandline-fu
Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #15
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Yeah clicking sync/update is a little easier than all that commandline-fu
The command line-fu is just isanely step by step, IMNSHO. Assuming you know how to mange files on your system of choice, be it Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, whatever, all you need to know is: Unzip the contents of the update file into the .kobo directory of your Kobo.

If that's confusing, then perhaps you are better off waiting to use the Desktop app
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote