Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #166
jeremysnana
jeremysnana began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Generation, Fire
I can get covers elsewhere, but prefer the smaller covers that I normally get from Goodreads. For now I will take the extra steps to get them from there manually.
I also just did the latest Calibre update today, so I knew it was not an issue from Calibre.
jeremysnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #167
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysnana View Post
I can get covers elsewhere, but prefer the smaller covers that I normally get from Goodreads. For now I will take the extra steps to get them from there manually.
I also just did the latest Calibre update today, so I knew it was not an issue from Calibre.
Don't worry: Use the resize cover plugin as a quick fix for big covers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #168
jeremysnana

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Don't worry: Use the resize cover plugin as a quick fix for big covers
Found the plugin, and installed it.
Thank you

Last edited by jeremysnana; 06-28-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #169
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is that a built in plugin? I never saw that, where can I find it?
Thank you
It is on the Get plugins list (another great one from Kiwidude)
Old 06-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #170
jeremysnana

Quote:
It is on the Get plugins list (another great one from Kiwidude)
I installed it. It was easy following the Plugin instructions. I changed to my preference of 300 X 475. I selected a few books to resize to see how it worked. It did what it was supposed to. Then I gradually resized my whole collection. It is perfect.
Thank you
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #171
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I installed it. It was easy following the Plugin instructions. I changed to my preference of 300 X 475. I selected a few books to resize to see how it worked. It did what it was supposed to. Then I gradually resized my whole collection. It is perfect.
Thank you
Remember, the cover is only that size in Calibre until you do something to update the book, Like Modify EPUB, Polish or a conversion
Old 06-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #172
jeremysnana

Quote:
Remember, the cover is only that size in Calibre until you do something to update the book, Like Modify EPUB, Polish or a conversion
I just checked after resizing and then converting from epub to Mobi. The cover in the file stayed the same size. Hopefully this will be the same for all of my conversions.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #173
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Or as the OP found out (for mobi or ePub) the cover is updated during a conversion. Additionally the cover is updated upon export from calibre's library, like Send to device or Save to disk.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #174
mdb5972
mdb5972 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Noticed it stopped returning some ISBN also....

worker.py

modified line 337 from
isbn_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="details"]/div[@class="buttons"]/div[@id="bookDataBox"]/div/div')
to
isbn_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="details"]/div[@class="buttons"]/div[@id="bookDataBox"]/div[2]/div')

-----
Images modifed line 326 from
imgcol_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="imagecol"]/a/img/@src')
to
imgcol_node = root.xpath('//div[@class="bookCoverPrimary"]/a/img/@src')

Last edited by mdb5972; 07-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.
mdb5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #175
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@mdb - sounds like perhaps Goodreads have ben changing their site again. Thanks for posting that, I will take a look tonight and put a release out.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #176
eldanganan
eldanganan began at the beginning.

Device: none
goodreads covers not downloading

I use calibre and usually downloads metadata. I just noticed that goodreads cover are not shown anymore. can you please check this. thanks
eldanganan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #177
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.1.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Updated to match Goodreads website change which broke ISBB and cover parsing
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #178
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Updated to match Goodreads website change which broke ISBB and cover parsing
Excellent, thanks for the quick update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #179
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
It seems as though they are changing their site at a faster clip than before.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #180
mdb5972
mdb5972 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
@kiwidude no problem
mdb5972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata