Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Peruka
Peruka began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Please Help! DRM Removal!

Please help me!!! I downloaded a book from my kindle to my laptop and i would like to read it in pdf format. calibre wont convert it saying it had a DRM (which i have no idea what it means and how to remove). I would like to read my book on my laptop instead of kindle sometimes. I have read what other people say about removing it and convert it but i am so confused. PLEASE help me!

Peruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Hi, Peruka! First of all, welcome to MobileRead!

DRM is a way the ebook publishers have of telling us what we may do with the ebooks we purchase and what devices we may read them on. It's a very hot topic, both here and elsewhere online. Calibre will only catalog and move DRM'd material, it cannot open or convert any DRM'd files. Amazon has a Kindle application you can download for free that will let you read your Kindle DRM'd books on your laptop--it will download them for you without any conversion needed. Ithink it will even sync with your Kindle so you can pick up where you left off reading on your Kindle to read on your PC.

DRM removal is a topic that is of questionable legality, depending on where you live, and as such instructions are not discussed here. However, if you Google terms like DRM removal and Apprentice Alf, you will find lots of interesting and informative information.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Peruka
Peruka began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you so much for the welcome!!!

Also thank you for the information. i will try and find that app to download so i can read my new book. then i wouldnt need to convert it at all. i hope i can find it and use it!!! Thank you!!
Peruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Here ya go! Just select the device you want Kindle on and follow the instructions to download and install.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000426311
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote