Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #1
med007
Enthusiast
med007 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
did kindle 2 get updated with kindle 3 zoom and contrast adjustment software?

I saw a demo on how kindle 3 zooms and adjusts contrast differntly compared to the kindle 2.

I own a kindle 2 and have one book where charts are awful with the contrast because the charts were written in the textbook as blue on white. So in the kindle conversion they came out quite awful.

It's funny, though, because right after the page turn on the kindle 2, the chart looks perfect because the contrast is increased on the page turn refresh.

Is there a way to get adjustable contrast on the kindle 2?

did amazon push a software update?

is there a hack?
med007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I do not believe that the K2 got the update. I don't remember anyone posting about receiving them.

My own experience with the K1 was that as soon as the K2 came out, the K1 stopped getting updates from Amazon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert