Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Trekstor Pyrus Mini - migrating lines on screen

A month or so ago, I bought a Trekstor Pyrus Mini from eBay. I used it for awhile with no problems, but all of a sudden, one day I picked it up and noticed that there were several horizontal lines on the screen. I would have thought it was just a regular broken screen, but I've noticed that when I restart the device that the lines tend to migrate. Sometimes they cover the whole screen, other times merely half. I figured that it was basically unfixable, and have already purchased and received a replacement. However, I wanted to ask if there did happen to be any way to fix the problem, just in case.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
A month or so ago, I bought a Trekstor Pyrus Mini from eBay. I used it for awhile with no problems, but all of a sudden, one day I picked it up and noticed that there were several horizontal lines on the screen. I would have thought it was just a regular broken screen, but I've noticed that when I restart the device that the lines tend to migrate. Sometimes they cover the whole screen, other times merely half. I figured that it was basically unfixable, and have already purchased and received a replacement. However, I wanted to ask if there did happen to be any way to fix the problem, just in case.
If they are exactly horizontal then it is likely a connector problem. You might try opening it up and resetting the connectors on the edge of the screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alright. I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #4
Governa
Churchwarden
Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad, iPhone
Did you manage to fix it?
Governa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
sneakyspider

Unfortunately not. I don't know if it was truly broken or just malfunctioning, but I couldn't manage to make a change in the screen.