Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Question Kobo Glo cloud sync of bookmarks, read status, highligts and notes?

Hi!
Does the Glo offer cloud sync of bookmarks, read status, highligts and notes?
If yes, will it sync between all devices/apps/web?
And for all content, or only the content bought in Kobo Store?
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
flips01
Connoisseur

Kobo support stated that:
Quote:
The Reading Stats and Highlights/Notes are Locally stored on the Device and unfortunately, would not be transferred to the New Device. However, the Books & Bookmarks that you have in your device would be able to Sync Across multiple devices.
I guess that means there is no read status sync.

But is it possible somehow to export highlights and noted from Kobo (whatever device/app) to something, like Evernote, a textfile or whatever?

If not, then the Kindle has a clear advantage. (On Kindle it syncs on all books, but you are only able to access highlight and notes on Amazon content, and the "personal content" does not sync to the Mac or Web version of kindle reader.)
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Kobo support stated that:

I guess that means there is no read status sync.
As the reading position is synced, I always assumed the reading status was as well. A quick test syncing to the desktop app, seems to show the finished status isn't synced, but the page you are up to is.
Quote:
But is it possible somehow to export highlights and noted from Kobo (whatever device/app) to something, like Evernote, a textfile or whatever?
There is some discussion on getting the annotations off the device in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=annot. The Glo, Touch and Mini are all the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
flips01
Connoisseur

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As the reading position is synced, I always assumed the reading status was as well. A quick test syncing to the desktop app, seems to show the finished status isn't synced, but the page you are up to is.
Ok, so there is some syncing, but none on personal content?
(I didn't see any of the books I've uploaded sync. Will read position etc. be synced if I manually put the same book on the various devices/readers?)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Ok, so there is some syncing, but none on personal content?
(I didn't see any of the books I've uploaded sync. Will read position etc. be synced if I manually put the same book on the various devices/readers?)
Nothing about sideloaded books is synced. Only kepubs and information about them is synced to other Kobo devices and apps. Shelves are synced but, the contents are only synced for kepubs. I thought annotations for kepubs were synced, but they don't go to the dektop app. They might go to over readers.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote