Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Living In Aus, Where To Buy?

I'm considering buying a Touch next week. For the people in Aus where did you buy yours from?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
If you are prepared to wait another Month, Collins will be selling the KT online and instore for around $160.

Borders Australia will be selling it online as well.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Thanks!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Donatus
Donatus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950
I just bought a Kobo Touch from Swindon Books in Hong Kong and it arrived in Brisbane less than a week later (today). The price wasn't so good though. Also make sure to email them to tell them it is an international order because they'll want to charge you extra shipping.

--D
Donatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
DavidF
DavidF began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
So why when our dollar is at parity or above, will the Kobo Touch cost nearly 25% more here than in the U.S. ?

My family has both an original KOBO, and a KOBO wifi, I would love a touch but dont see why I should be charged a 25% just because I live in Australia.

I would like to support an Australian retailer, but not at those prices
DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #6
DavidF
DavidF began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
An Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
So why when our dollar is at parity or above, will the Kobo Touch cost nearly 25% more here than in the U.S. ?

My family has both an original KOBO, and a KOBO wifi, I would love a touch but dont see why I should be charged a 25% just because I live in Australia.

I would like to support an Australian retailer, but not at those prices
I emailed Collins to ask about the KOBO touch, actually got a phone call back within an hour saying that "end of September" they would be available online and in-store. No exact date yet (nor price)
DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatus View Post
I just bought a Kobo Touch from Swindon Books in Hong Kong and it arrived in Brisbane less than a week later (today). The price wasn't so good though. Also make sure to email them to tell them it is an international order because they'll want to charge you extra shipping.

--D
That must have cost a bit? For the price they list it was ~AU$170 + shipping?
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I bought my Kobo Touch from Borders USA, it took 5 weeks to arrive, and cost $128 with postage of a bout $8.50.

Two weeks after ordering the Touch I ordered a CaseCrown Regal Flip case, which arrived at the same time as the Touch.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #9
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
I emailed Collins to ask about the KOBO touch, actually got a phone call back within an hour saying that "end of September" they would be available online and in-store. No exact date yet (nor price)
Oh no! END of september?
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #10
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I'm using comgateway forwarding services to get my kobo touch (won from ebay where they only ship to US addresses) to my Australian address.
What with comgateway's free 10dollar voucher to redeem after signup, my total standard shipping costs come to

Shipping Charges
International Shipping Charges: US$ 28.00
Fuel Surcharge: US$4.34
Mandatory Insurance:
(Declared Value & Shipping at 0.65%) US$ 0.96
US$ 23.30 !!

My package came at 0.6kg actual weight and 0.78kg volumetric. So I got charged for 1kg (rounded up)

Comgateway updated my package on their site the same day it was received at my US address with them.

Hopefully they will send out my package after payment, today or tomorrow.

Oh btw, my total kobo + shipping cost comes to 145$ aud

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 08-31-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:47 AM   #11
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
I'm using comgateway forwarding services to get my kobo touch (won from ebay where they only ship to US addresses) to my Australian address.
What with comgateway's free 10dollar voucher to redeem after signup, my total standard shipping costs come to

Shipping Charges
International Shipping Charges: US$ 28.00
Fuel Surcharge: US$4.34
Mandatory Insurance:
(Declared Value & Shipping at 0.65%) US$ 0.96
US$ 23.30 !!

My package came at 0.6kg actual weight and 0.78kg volumetric. So I got charged for 1kg (rounded up)

Comgateway updated my package on their site the same day it was received at my US address with them.

Hopefully they will send out my package after payment, today or tomorrow.

Oh btw, my total kobo + shipping cost comes to 145$ aud
Who'd you order the actual Kobo through? Borders US.. Frys..?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Shankill
Nameless Being

Ordered my Touch from Borders US at the end of July. It was shipped on the 27th of July and arrived on the 26th of this month. Took its time, but it was only $129 including shipping. Would've been nice if there'd been an option with tracking.

For anyone who hasn't ordered yet from overseas, I contacted Borders AU about the Kobo Touch, and they said they should be available from about mid-September. So that's another option apart from waiting till the end of September for Collins.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Who'd you order the actual Kobo through? Borders US.. Frys..?
It was from an auction on ebay US
Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
It was from an auction on ebay US
Yeah sorry saw that you said that in the original post too. Cool. Hope it all turns out well. Always wondered about those forwarding services even though I know many people have used them.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

They finally sent my DHL tracking number. Current status is 'picked up' and estimated arrival is next Saturday, argghhh this waiting is killing me. (had to wait 3 days for comgateway to send it out)

Edit: ooh they sent it express worldwide when I chose standard?

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 09-02-2011 at 08:36 PM.