Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
papiex
papiex began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader prs-500
Hi Guys! Best regards from Poland :)

Hello everybody!
Just few days ago I opened package with my brand new PRS-500.(probably the best gift I ever made to myself - 'cause I'm totally addicted to reading). First thing I planned to do was replacing standard font files with some compatible with Central European encoding. I made it using this topic : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=15 and a ready flash image uploaded by some user (from Russia probably ). Unfortunetly, I bricked my reader during this operation(it turned out, that flash image had been damaged due to some error in Firefox download manager). BUT thanks to your WIKI I was able to sucessfully unbrick my loved device

Many , many thanks to all guys engaged in reader's homebrew scene, special thanks goes to igorsk for his work on usb protocol. Thank's to such guys as Igorsk, or Dark_Alex (psp hacker) we are all able to use our devices without limitations.

Greetings to all admins (great job with forum) and all users!!
Papiex
papiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Wow, glad you fixed it again, papiex!

I agree, without all the great guys involved here e-book reading would only be half as much fun
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Congrats on your Reader papiex, that must have been scary!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote