Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
JonathanHilton
JonathanHilton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Question Paperwhite 2 not letting me downgrade!

I am on firmware version 5.6.1.0.2 and i want to downgrade to a version where i will be able to jailbreak from.

I have tried downgrading to 5.4.3.2 but the kindle says that the update was not successful, update error 12. If anyone could help with that, that would be great.

I am also trying to jailbreak it so any further links that would help would be greatly appreciated.
JonathanHilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Error code 12: "!! Downgrade Attack !!"
(That is Lab126's phrase for it.)

Unless you had your PW2 jailbroken before the upgrade to 5.6.1, you now can only jailbreak it over the serial port.

There aren't any further links that will help.
There are a lot of posts on the subject of 5.6.1 here and should not be hard to find, its a "hot topic" the past couple of months.

Last edited by knc1; 12-25-2014 at 09:31 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't downgrade from 5.6.1. No current way around it, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the immortal words of whoever said this first, you're screwed.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-25-2014 at 07:51 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would hope that whoever said that actually said "you're" rather than "your", Jon. Had they actually said "your", they would have been shockingly ignorant.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
downgrade, help!, jailbreak